Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Email Client
    As i've mentioned, i'm new to all these and I mean, younger than a fetus.

    So... what email marketing service provider would you recommend? someone told me mailchimp does not allow email marketing?

  2. #2
    Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    4,988
    Is this to mail to a list generated from your site? How often do you intend to use the service?
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

  3. #3
    OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2005
    Location
    Park City Utah
    Posts
    16,646
    I know that Constant Contact will not let you get far unless you have created a proper double opt-in list. And I am sure Mailchimp is the same. Maybe look at Aweber.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2013
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    I know that Constant Contact will not let you get far unless you have created a proper double opt-in list. And I am sure Mailchimp is the same. Maybe look at Aweber.
    Double obtain is definitely needed.

    If you are trying to create a mailing list for your website, I would consider creating one on your website ( it is an option, and cheaper for the long term, but it is risky, your server can get banned if things went down )

    Also, if you changed your mind, and wanted to move to mailing list, they wouldn't let you because they don't trust your list.

    Aweber is a good option as well as mailchamp, there is couple of others.

    I have tried both of them ( I am not big fan of either ) there are so much limitation, and with my respect to aweber, their support is not promising.

    Keep an eye on the long term cost, because they all try to be seducing at first, but you don't want to charged 3 times what can be charged on other mailing lists.

    I would suggest sign up for free one and test it, as well as trial account ( e.g. aweber cost $1) and see which one will work out for you before, you go ahead and use the mailing list on your website.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow View Post
    Is this to mail to a list generated from your site? How often do you intend to use the service?
    yes... i have a site and i ask people to sign up for discounts and free stuff... majority of subs are from US and Canada.

    I do not intend to send newsletters, just freebies and discounts. i have less than 100 people on my list right now. i just literally started this subscription thing but my target is to grow it, of course

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by OneGoodMan View Post
    Double obtain is definitely needed.

    If you are trying to create a mailing list for your website, I would consider creating one on your website ( it is an option, and cheaper for the long term, but it is risky, your server can get banned if things went down )

    Also, if you changed your mind, and wanted to move to mailing list, they wouldn't let you because they don't trust your list.

    Aweber is a good option as well as mailchamp, there is couple of others.

    I have tried both of them ( I am not big fan of either ) there are so much limitation, and with my respect to aweber, their support is not promising.

    Keep an eye on the long term cost, because they all try to be seducing at first, but you don't want to charged 3 times what can be charged on other mailing lists.

    I would suggest sign up for free one and test it, as well as trial account ( e.g. aweber cost $1) and see which one will work out for you before, you go ahead and use the mailing list on your website.
    i don't want to send from my site. i want to use an email marketing service provider.

    if you are not so impressed with mailchimp and Aweber, have you used any that you at least like?

  7. #7
    Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    11,273
    You could perhaps try Redcappi.com

  8. #8
    Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2010
    Location
    Durham, North Carolina
    Posts
    93
    Check out iContact. I'm a little biased though because it's a NC company and I know the founders.

    Here's a review if you're interested
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; July 2nd, 2013 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Removed direct link
    Mike Hourigan
    Affiliate Manager for [URL="http://www.shoeboxed.com/?utm_source=abestweb&utm_medium=signature%2B&utm_campaign=abestweb"]Shoeboxed.com[/URL]
    [EMAIL="mikeh@team.shoeboxed.com"]Email[/EMAIL]|[URL="http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=131457835&trk=tab_pro"]LinkedIn[/URL]

  9. #9
    Thanks for all the inputs. i tried all. Aweber.com gave me headaches.

    icontact.com had so many rules, i got confused but it was okay.

    i settled with emercury.net because it's easy to use and they have free 2,000 emails monthly. works for me.

  10. Thanks From:

  11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. How To Stop Client Services Email Clogging up My Inbox?
    By glittered in forum Commission Junction - CJ
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: December 16th, 2013, 06:39 PM
  2. What email client do you use?
    By Carolyn - ShareASale in forum Voting Booth
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: May 26th, 2007, 01:47 PM
  3. Replies: 25
    Last Post: April 2nd, 2007, 01:43 PM
  4. An email to CJ client services
    By frank3iii in forum Commission Junction - CJ
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: July 23rd, 2004, 12:04 AM
  5. Todd or David Elam: Need Email Address or Contact # for Client Services
    By LittleCasper in forum Commission Junction - CJ
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: November 19th, 2002, 01:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •