ABW Ambassador
    Okay, instead of gumming up your intro thread with this request, I figured I'd ask here.

I want to make direct links to specific products. I see that you have a text link #9482466: "Eastwood - For All Your Auto Restoration Needs", for example.

"Advertiser allows URL redirects for this link"

Good there. I have had great success with that.

I go to "Get HTML" and use "Advanced Options" to see that your link is pointing to this URL: "http://www.eastwoodco.com/email/default2.asp?SRCCODE=1CJBAN8&PageName=default"

I see "SRCCODE=1CJBAN8" in the URL and I'm now stumped. I realize that's an internal code you use to check how well a campaign is running.

If I redirect a user to "http://eastwoodco.com/aspfiles/itemdy01.asp?UID=2003022615513145&T1=52021&Dep_Key1=InEx" which is "Trim Removal Set All Three Tools", how does that affect tracking?

I asked the old AM about a month ago and heard nothing. Two weeks ago, I sent a CJ mail and got a "what's your e-mail address". I sent that and haven't heard back.

Thanks for your concern.

I think your name is Tim, right? If not, I apologize. But that proves I saw your email, if so!

Sorry for not replying to this sooner, I just saw it. And I'm not really that great with these boards so far.

I knew nothing about links when I first saw that request. Now, I've learned alot more about them. I know exactly what you're asking, but I don't know the answer yet. And I'm sorry no one got back to you.

That part of the code you mentioned is where we reference specific offers, which includes special pricing, if any, as well as free shipping or any other type of discounts, and is also how we track links here internally, outside of CJ. I haven't mastered it yet, but that much I know.

I don't know how the link you posted will affect your tracking. Let me see if I can figure something out. I don't know how long it will take me, but I will let you know how it's going. And I'm already trying to figure out the whole "product linking" mystery, too.

Thanks for being patient with me!

-patrice

patrice.colancecco.milligan
    affiliate.marketer
    eastwoodcompany.com
    e: patrice@eastwoodco.com
    v: 610.323.2200x2206
    f: 610.323.6268

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for your help, Patrice.

Yes, my name's Tim.

I re-read my overly confusing messages and here it is in a nutshell: My concern is that the product detail pages are not equipped to handle the information received from CJs server, since it looks as though the "landing page" in the example link was built specifically to handle that information.

Too much coffee may help me think, but communicating what I'm thinking is another story.

Ha! I think your first post was more clear...

I do know what you mean, though. Maybe the nice CJ gentleman that is on these boards can help us...I'm not sure what part of that HTML code is CJ tracking.

-patrice

affiliate.marketer
    eastwoodcompany.com

ABW Ambassador
    What I mean is this:

Surfer clicks on my link to Eastwood, generated by CJ.

CJ's server sends this surfer to you, with information such as the AID and PID (the advertisement and publisher who sent you the surfer)

When I look at other merchants in the CJ link generator, I see that their links just go to their site root, IE, www.merchant.com/

With Eastwood, it appears that a specific "CJ Handler" has been set up at "http://www.eastwoodco.com/email/default2.asp?SRCCODE=1CJBAN8&PageName=default".

This leads me to believe that "http://eastwoodco.com/aspfiles/itemdy01.asp?UID=2003022615513145&T1=52021&Dep_Key1=InEx", the three piece trim removal set page, doesn't have the capability of processing the information sent to Eastwoodco.com by qksrv.net.

"After all, we set up a page to handle CJ data, why should we give all the pages that capability?"

I only think that b/c of the mistakes I've personally made (and still make, lol) in my coding and thinking.

I realize that you have many more issues to resolve than I can imagine, so I'm not expecting this to be resolved overnight.

I think I am starting to understand. Hoo boy. It's been a long day already and it's not even lunchtime.

Okee doke. You want to know that, since your redirect doesn't include our SRC code that we usually use with CJ, will our page still recognize that link and display not only the trim remover but will work with CJ to make sure you get credit. Do I get it?

I do believe you need to have the SRC code there, yes. Not just for CJ but to make sure you get the right offer/pricing for affiliates and so that we can track it.

I am going to get a link that will go to that same product and post it for you so you can see what it would ideally look like.

I'm getting better...slowly but surely...

-patrice

affiliate.marketer
    eastwoodcompany.com

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread