Starting an R/C affiliate program - where to get started?
    Hey all, just wondering where I can post recruitment threads to see who'd be interested in becoming an affiliate for my company.

Thanks for any help.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    First step is to do a proper introduction here (read the Notice first): Introduce Yourself - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum Gain some credibility before you pounce on advertising. This is a community, would you show up in a new neighborhood asking where you can sell something?

Then when we have established that you are not just here to self promote you can post in the Merchant Offers forum.

Thanks Chuck! I just did that. Let's see how it goes.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Personally I would love to see an R/C program promoted here. Always wanted to get into it but never had the money as a kid, time as a young adult and now too many kids on the feed train.

That's good to hear! I'm hoping to get something started quickly. I have virtually no experience doing this, so I'm just trying to learn all I can at this point.

Haha! yeah I understand. Unfortunately RC is a great example of a "spending hobby" as they say.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    RC? Could it be:
    rc is the command line interpreter for Version 10 Unix and Plan 9 from Bell Labs operating systems. It resembles the Bourne shell, but its syntax is somewhat simpler. It was created by Tom Duff, who is better known for an unusual C programming language construct called Duff's device.

A port of the original rc to Unix is part of Plan 9 from User Space. A rewrite of rc for Unix-like operating systems by Byron Rakitzis is also available but includes some incompatible changes.

Rc uses C-like control structures instead of ALGOL-like, as the original Bourne shell uses, except that it uses a construct if not instead of else and has a Bourne-like for loop to iterate over lists. In rc all variables are lists of strings, which eliminates the need for constructs like "$@".
    I guess it is NOT Royal Crown cola.

Or, maybe it stands for radio controlled.

Not everyone knows what such ambiguous initials are supposed to stand mean.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Haha nope, AffiliateHound! R/C is standard abbreviation for radio controlled, but I should have been more specific.

Damn expensive RC! Started with an RC helicopter about 7 or 8 years ago because a friend took me to an RC flyin. Ended up joining a local club with a nice RC field - so, of course, I had to get a fixed wing model. Then another heli and then another plank. (Yes "k" instead of "e")

Of course that rekindled a long lost love of flying and a dormant private license. Soo...I ended up buying an antique airplane (1946 Ercoupe) nearly five years ago. Damned expensive hobby, for sure. More like an addiction.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Lightbulb
    a big step is to make your site convert well so affiliates will want to sell for it.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread