Affiliate Manager
    Long Term Affiliate Strategies
    Hello,

What are some long term strategies for affiliate marketing vs short term? I know recruiting new affiliates can be considered both long and short term, however, how would someone increase the sales from a decently established affiliate program (20 or so affiliates driving sales, 2000 in the program). What promotions / strategies would you use?

Smile I can be a pain sometimes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistuhchia View Post
    Hello,

What are some long term strategies for affiliate marketing vs short term? I know recruiting new affiliates can be considered both long and short term, however, how would someone increase the sales from a decently established affiliate program (20 or so affiliates driving sales, 2000 in the program). What promotions / strategies would you use?

Wow you are really an Affiliate Manager...
    :groovy:Woodstock was before my time, and I am forever angry I missed that concert.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    First establish a relationship with the 20 you have producing and find out what they need or find lacking in the program. Next look at the affiliate that are sending traffic and not making sales. Analyze their sites to see where you are placed and how you are positioned. Then offer them recommendations on where to place you for better conversion.

On both of these you need to create a follow-up system and keep engaged with those affiliates.

4. Thanks From:

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistuhchia View Post
    Are you coming to Affiliate Summit in Philadelphia next month? I'm moderating a session on "Growing a Mature Affiliate Program" on Sunday morning. Sounds like it's just what you had in mind!
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

6. Thanks From:

Create 2 different follow up emails for both the buyers and the others who still need convincing. Find other affiliate programs that will help the buyers improve their business after buying your stuff. Maybe create a membership site for them and let them pay a monthly fee and keep providing them with content that will help them get more positive results.

For those who haven't bought anything keep sending them the same offer but at 4 - 6 times should be enough not more than that then try another offer maybe their just not interested in the 1st one. Mix that up with some great content as well to gain trust from them. Also ask questions in your emails that way you'll be able to find out what they really want.

Hope that will give you some ideas. All The Best!!

I would say communicating with your affiliates is the key. Affiliates receive tons of emails every day and can have 100s of merchants live at any one time. You have to provide them with a compelling reason to promote you. It's easy for them to forget about merchants if they don't hear from them.

9. Thanks From:

I am a super affiliate and one of the most successful things I do in order to keep my affiliates hungry is to sit down and write 12 - 24 emails with hints, tips, testimonials and even potential earnings.

I then enter this auto responder into aweber and submit my affiliates to his campaign.
    Automatically they get fresh motivation every 2 weeks or so!

This is a big part of maintaining my ability to make a full time living online....

Alex, if you are an affiliate, how do you have affiliates? Are you rebrokering offers?
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

12. Thanks From:

I am an affiliate of product A at lets say 20 per conversion,
    Then I recruit below me, they convert product A too, they get 20, and I get 5 bonus.

Essentially I'm a super affiliate for product A

In the US that's usually referred to as a multi-tiered program.

15. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager
    It depends and what your offers are made off.
    First you should consider how you can improve your margin on the product you are distributing.
    Second: Optimised your affiliation, meaning look at affi's website, campaign, rates..
    Third: Offer a rates bump to your affiliate if they can increase traffic

Or a 2nd Tier. Alex I have a couple 2nd Tier programs via Shareasale if interested email me for a list.

Hi chuck,

To be honest I am making between 30 and 85 per form filled in.
    Are your offers paying the same??

I am looking to diversify, the biggest issue is the lack of affiliates that pay as high as my current ones do.

Have a merchant that is running average order values of $400+ but its product based. Not doing any lead gen to that extent.

Are those continuity offers you are promoting?

Me?

No, Its lead gen for a very high competition industry - hard work, although the payoffs are well worth it :-)

Hi Legit Sellerusa.

Try 'Magento' a free eCommerce CMS system; then find yourself a web developer ( I'm sure there are plenty local to you) then research, research, research. This is a highly competitive industry, if you don't know what you are doing then it's going to be tough initially (there are no quick-wins anymore) but just keep at it, you'll get there eventually. Good luck!

The best thing you can do as an affiliate is offer value to your subscribers.

Yes, I said subscribers.

Because in my opinion, email marketing is the one variable you should master for long OR short term affiliate marketing perpetuity.

Just my $.02

Affiliates are motivated by money. That's what they're in this for. Run some special rates or contests offering a higher payout for a month. Or give the top 5 a monetary reward to get everyone interested.

If you're product or service converts, it will start spreading through word of mouth, affiliates talk, even the big ones. (Especially the big ones). Don't bombard them with the same stuff they're getting from everyone else, get personal, become their friend and someone they can turn to for help. NEVER give away what another affiliate is doing and NEVER give out another affiliates site or landing page, that will sink you very quickly.

One of the first things I ask a new affiliate manager is for examples of landing pages from other affiliates. If they give them to me, I do not promote their program. It's my test to see if they're going to share MY stuff with others too.

25. Thanks From:

26. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread