Best way to recruit affiliates?
    Hello all -
    This is my first thread in the forum, and I'm hoping to gain a lot from this community. I recently started an affiliate marketing campaign for my site using an affiliate network, and am struggling trying to figure out the best way to recruit quality affiliates. Here's what I've done thus far:
    1.) Beefed up my profile within my affiliate network so that I'm easily searchable
    2.) Put a link on my website for people who are interested in becoming an affiliate

I've contemplated hiring an affiliate manager, but am afraid I might not have the budget to do so at this time.

Any other suggestions?
    Thanks

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    What network? Have you googled your niche plus affiliate program to see if there are any out there. Are you converting on your site through other advertising?

The network is ShareASale. I have googled my niche + affiliate program, but most of the sites that come up are for merchants looking for affiliates. I'm getting a bit of traffic via google adwords, but I really want to focus on my affiliate campaign.
    As for ShareASale, I have gone through their best practices, but no luck.

If its Shareasale you can talk to them about advertising opportunities. We have paid and free advertising here, check the Advertising link at the top of the page.

How do you compare with other merchants in your niche in SAS? Make sure your numbers match up and exceed them when possible. You may have to give away the farm to get some program traction. Know your gross margin! Also you need a compelling USP in your program description.

If you just starting on ShareASale, and looking got affiliate. Here are some tips :

- Don't write life story in TOS, people wouldn't bother reading 100 page in TOS, some may even not bother joining, if you want to add TOS, make sure they are brief enough and easy to read.

- Auto Deposit : It is pretty annoying to affiliate to keep getting your message out of fun, there are many others who wouldn't

- Auto Approval : it is convenient.

- Flat Rate % : Keep one flat rate commission on all your sales.

- Reasonable Commission to start with : New advertiser has a good shot when they start because people check them out, when you start with a weak commission, people wouldn't even bother looking at what your program offer, simply because there are other who provide higher commission.

- Avoid Reversal : on ShareASale affiliate can see how much have you been reverting on commission, People can filter to avoid out stores with high reversal.

- Avoid continuous unpredictable changes in the program: The more often you change your commission, it say something to your existing affiliates that you have unstable program.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks for the responses. I do plan on advertising with SAS. Included in my 'welcome kit' was a coupon for $400 credit towards advertising. Right now iIm just waiting for them to go over my account to make sure I've completed the preliminary checklist before I advertise. I might also check out the advertising on abestweb. As for how I compare with other merchants, I'd say that I'm pretty competitive with them. I also created an affiliate account to do a bit of homework on what other merchants are offering (this is actually encouraged).

I have a very short TOS and have auto-deposit set up. I do not have auto-approval set up, as I feel more comfortable knowing the kinds of sites that'll be doing the marketing for me. I have a flat rate commission of 50% on all sales. I haven't had any sales yet, so there have been no reversals. I might even eat the cost of reversals in the even that they happen (haven't decided yet).

Thanks again for your input!

You are welcome to list your program in the Review forum and we can critique it.

Thanks Chuck. I just started this new thread in the review forum.
    Pete

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread