A quarter million clicks and zero conversions?
    I have been in the Amazon Associates program since October 2012 and my website has sent over 250 thousand user clicks and unique visitors to Amazon.

I logged into my Amazon Associates account and went to "Reports", then "Daily Trends" and changed the "Exact Period" for the report to cover from from last October 1st until today.

The "Daily Trends" report shows that my website sent approximately a quarter million clicks and unique visitors to Amazon.

The "Total Items Ordered" column and the Conversion column both are all zero.

Does it sound plausible that I could send over a quarter million clicks and unique visitors to Amazon and have zero conversions?

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Mark

Did your website actually get 25,000 unique visitors per month (since last October) and each of them actually click on an Amazon banner ad or product link? Or might many of those clicks have been generated by bots and/or search engine site crawlers?

More realistically, how much traffic did your site actually get? Even at a high CTR of 10% you would need a quarter million unique visitors per month to generate all those click-through actions.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Thanks for the reply Bill.

The quarter million clicks is what Amazon reports as the total on their "Daily Trends" report for the entire period (October 2012 through today). I don't know if the clicks were generated by bots and/or search engine site crawlers. How can I tell?

Even if some were bots or crawlers, I don't understand how 250 thousand "Unique Visitors" that I sent to Amazon did not result in a single sale. I'm scratching my head.

Does this make sense to anybody?

Mark

This is very questionable traffic, I would suggest trying to dig into your traffic source.

regarding: "I would suggest trying to dig into your traffic source."

Yes, OneGoodMan I would like to find out who made the clicks. How can I find out? Any suggestions?

Mark

Do you track visitors to your site..?

You can't rely on Amazon clicks without looking for the original source of traffic, which is supposedly your own site.

Are you used to 1,000+ unique visitors (at least) every day? What's your average monthly traffic...?

If you don't have a stats program installed, contact your host, see if they can help.
    Does this make sense to anybody?
    No, it doesn't.

Thank you teezone,

I will try to investigate the individual links. Re average monthly traffic, I'm not sure about that. I am logging clicks myself and storing them in a database. Just seamed to me that some percent of the clicks would have converted. Perhaps this is not an Amazon specific problem. I need to get more accurate info re the clicks and where they come from.

Thanks again,
    Mark

It's probably all junk traffic and bots.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread