Getting Large Companies Signed up to Your Network
    Hello,
    I have found many businesses I want to feature on my website that have affiliate programs on commission junction. However, many of these companies are only willing to give banner/text ads. I want to advertise their individual products on my site and compare them to competitors rather than solely writing a blog and having their ad on the side. For example. instead of having an ad for Apple on one page next to an ad for Dell, I want to advertise the 13 inch macbook pro next to the 13 inch dell xps laptop. Is this possible?

You can do it with our API, or even our plugins if you use wordpress. We have the product feeds from 2,000 or so merchants all aggregated into a single api.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Or you can apply for the individual merchant API in CJ and program yourself.

Hi, If you havent yet - you may want to consider looking at a site like DataFeedr, GoldenCan or even PopShops.
    I dont know your level of skill with programming, but these sites make it pretty easy you pull information for the specific products you want to write about/compare and give you the affiliate linking code you would need to get credit for the sales you generate.
    Hope that helps.
    -Chris

pk3, are you sure you cannot use their product feeds? On CJ there is a place to search for specific products from merchants that you have joined. I've never heard of only being permitted access to text and banners, but me not hearing of it really doesn't mean anything. It's just surprising to me.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Great tip leeann - I completely forget about the CJ option to pull specific links from a merchants catalog (if they have uploaded one, I think is the stipulation). Alternatively, many CJ merchcnts allow URL redirecting so an affiliate can pick and choose the products from their merchant's site they want to promote.
    -Chris

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Alternatively, many CJ merchcnts allow URL redirecting so an affiliate can pick and choose the products from their merchant's site they want to promote.
    That is true and it is not automatically added to a merchant account you have to request it. That said if you need it and its not available then ask the Affiliate Manager to enable it.

8. Thanks From:

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread