Thread: New Prosperent home page

New Prosperent home page
    We just launched our new home page. We think it describes what we do in more detail, and does a better job of showcasing our products. Let us know what you think, we would love the feedback: Prosperent - Affiliate Tools

We also added a page that shows our top merchants as well as our full merchant list (all merchants with at least 1 sale in our system). This list shows the minimum commission rate they pay and the maximum commission rate they pay. This is based on actual commissions, not what they advertise on a network. Prosperent - Featured Merchants

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I am getting Loading Ad Demo on the Performance Ads tab.

You caught us in the middle of pushing out an update. Sorry about that

I actually liked the "appearance" of the old home page better but his one may be more functional and informative. The BIG PLUS is the listing of merchants - both your Featured Merchants page and the listing of All Merchants. Nice.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I assume the blue rectangle with white merchant names under each of the "featured" merchants will hold a link to click to that merchant's site, is that right?

Your full merchant list would be more useful if 1) it wasn't hidden in the footer and takes some digging around to find, and, 2) it had some way to go to the merchants on the list.

One other thing, and it's not something you can probably do anything about: My best performing website relies on three primary merchants (Black Forest Decor, Lone Star Western Decor, and Rocky Mountain Cabin Decor), all of whom are LinkConnector network merchants.

I don't think you have any LinkConnector merchants, except maybe Boot Barn, do you?

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

I don't understand the first tab loading ad demo but I like the new page. The design looks more elegant

Quote Originally Posted by OneGoodMan View Post
    I don't understand the first tab loading ad demo but I like the new page. The design looks more elegant
    Isn't it just an example of what the ad could look like on a site of yours?

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy View Post
    I assume the blue rectangle with white merchant names under each of the "featured" merchants will hold a link to click to that merchant's site, is that right?

Your full merchant list would be more useful if 1) it wasn't hidden in the footer and takes some digging around to find, and, 2) it had some way to go to the merchants on the list.

One other thing, and it's not something you can probably do anything about: My best performing website relies on three primary merchants (Black Forest Decor, Lone Star Western Decor, and Rocky Mountain Cabin Decor), all of whom are LinkConnector network merchants.

I don't think you have any LinkConnector merchants, except maybe Boot Barn, do you?

Gary
    We work with pretty much every merchant at Link Connector. We know the team over there very well, so anything you need from there, let us know.

No current plans of linking the merchant to their page. Networks don't actually provide home page links, so we would have to do that manually, and that doesn't sound like much fun

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsFan View Post
    Isn't it just an example of what the ad could look like on a site of yours?
    Correct, just a live example of an ad. They might just see the "ad loading" message right now. We found out last night that people with slower computers had to refresh the page for the ad to load. The new site is a responsive design, so it has to do with how the page handles javascript. We have a fix for it, we just haven't pushed it live yet.
    Last edited by Prosperent; July 17th, 2013 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I actually liked the "appearance" of the old home page better but his one may be more functional and informative. The BIG PLUS is the listing of merchants - both your Featured Merchants page and the listing of All Merchants. Nice.
    Thanks for the feedback Bill. I loved the old design, but felt that it left people unsure of what Prosperent is, and what we actually do. That and the old site wasn't mobile or tablet friendly. Our goal is to get the right info infront of as many people as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Prosperent View Post
    We work with pretty much every merchant at Link Connector. We know the team over there very well, so anything you need from there, let us know. ...
    Well, as far as I can tell from your website, you DON'T have any LinkConnector merchants except Boot Barn. If you DO have Black Forest Decor, Lone Star Western Decor, and Aspen Lighting (the major merchants I use from LinkConnector) -- I sure don't know how to find them??

Gary

P.S. Not a really big deal, because I use those merchants' datafeeds via a script I run on a subdirectory of my main site. But I keep hearing here at ABW that Prosperent has well-made, well-organized datafeeds for your merchants. So I certainly would consider using your version of their datafeeds if you had them for me to look at. (Biggest single problem with my current datafeeds -- they have odd html in the "Description" field that gives me some cra**y odd character displays. Grrrr!!!)
    Generate more fake news.

We filter html and such from feeds pretty thoroughly (I can't remember the last time anyone reported seeing any in our feeds). We have 100 or so merchants from linkconnector. I'll make sure we have the ones you are looking for. Most likely, we simply haven't had a sale with those that you mentioned, so they don't show up in our merchant api yet. Their products will still be returned though. I'll get back with you once I verify that we have those merchants live.

Just checked, we have Black Forest Decor, Lone Star Western Decor, and Aspen Lighting in our system and live.

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy View Post

Your full merchant list would be more useful if 1) it wasn't hidden in the footer and takes some digging around to find
    Thanks for the feedback on this. We updated the site this morning and one of the updates moved the "our merchants" link to our main menu at the top under "product tour".

15. Newsletter Signup