Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    It's going to be a rough end of the month!
    It is going to be a rough end of the month filing in holes on my websites. I still have around 50 GAN merchants that I have not heard anything from in regards to where they are switching over to. Yesterday received the email from Linkshare about J&R which is putting big holes in my music site. And just got emails from Pepperjam/eBay of the closure of 11 individual Hayneedle stores. I guess there is lots of work ahead rebuilding and repopulating pages. I guess I need to get rid of all those individual Hayneedle stores to avoid getting more group emails in the future. I don't mind one or two a week but these mass closings kill ya!!

Woos is me!!
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    PJX/Hayneedle first sent out impending closure notices two or three months ago - they are doing what CSN/Wayfair did - eliminating all their individual stores and combining everything into one MASTER store.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I'll probably get rid of all the individual stores once I get settled from the GAN fall out.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Sorry to hear that, however, this month by far is the best for me.

I didn't sign up to GAN, and used to be on each other network, so all these advertisers moving out, is just good luck for me.

I am really unhappy with JR going down, i used to make a good sales for these guys.

As of Hayneedle , this company affiliate program used to suck, an open ticket took over 3 months to hear a single respond after a lot of tries to reach out to them

So what's the deal with Hayneedle? Are they staying at Pepperjam along WITH Commission Junction or moving to CJ or what?

I can't keep track of all these changes and am dreading the end of the month. I thought I had Hayneedle all taken care of but now I'm not sure.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure Hayneedle is staying at what is now the eBay network. As I said, they are doing what CSN/Wayfair did - they are closing all of their individual niche stores, but all of the products that were available through those stores will still be sold through their one master store, hayneedle.com.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I hear ya Bonin, I'm having the same issues. 42 merchants who haven't announced yet, including my second best merchant on GAN. (that one won't even respond to my emails, I don't think anyone is home). I joined some more networks to offset the losses, but I don't think it is working very well. (different niches)

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    And some merchants are changing up their datafeeds before they move to "somewhere".

Latest was Kohl's. Put product description in the product name field. That made for some UGLY page titles on our site.

Express also did it before they moved.

Brown Shoe stopped updating most of their feeds the day of the announcement.

And there are others...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    As for Hayneedle - fired ALL Colorado affiliates when our Nexus Law was signed.

When it was stopped in Court, they let only ONE Colorado affiliate back in.

ShopAtHome...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Its a flipping logistical nightmare. Will be so glad when this is over. I'm wasting an entire month on just coping with GAN closing. And merchants are doing crazy stuff, like, did eLightBulbs go from GAN -> PJX -> CJ ??? Sometimes I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly what the current situation is with a merchant. Like HomeOfficeSolutions, OfficeDesignsOutlet, UltimateBackStore.com are alll on CJ under "OfficeDesigns"

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    And some merchants are changing up their datafeeds before they move to "somewhere".
    I know. I use Popshops to display my data feeds and they have been off the grid for a week. Not a peep coming their way. No responses to tickets. Only announcements in a week the closure of two feeds.

Where did Kohl's move to? They are one of the merchants that I work with that I have no information on. Anyone know where Ashro, Diapers, Goedeker's, Lane Bryant, Orvis, Perfume, Sam's Club, Soap, Swell and Zazzle moved to just to name a few.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

12. Thanks From:

Orvis is moving to Linkshare. They said there will be an email coming out next week with details.

Quote Originally Posted by superCool View Post
    Orvis is moving to Linkshare.
    When GAN made their announcement, I sent each one of my merchants not already on another network an email suggesting my top 3 networks to move to and Linkshare as my top NOT to move to. I received only one email from about 95 merchants that I dealt with at GAN asking me as an affiliate what were the pros and cons of each network so they could make a decision.

After CJ, it looks like most have moved to Linkshare. I don't understand it!!!! No one listened to me )! Two of my 3 top choices were AvantLink #1 and Shareasale #3 (the other was CJ #2) and I am unaware of any of my merchants moving over to AvantLink or Shareasale.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

15. Thanks From:

4Checks moved to SAS and is already #2 in the PowerRank 100. We followed them, of course, and saw nearly a 350% improvement in conversions (based on a one month comparison with nearly identical traffic numbers). Getting rid of the parasites and GAN's questionable tracking did make a difference.

Likely many merchants weren't willing to give up their affiliation with poachers, toolbars and parasites - so couldn't "effectively" move to either AL or SAS.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by boningroup View Post
    When GAN made their announcement, I sent each one of my merchants not already on another network an email suggesting my top 3 networks to move to and Linkshare as my top NOT to move to. I received only one email from about 95 merchants that I dealt with at GAN asking me as an affiliate what were the pros and cons of each network so they could make a decision.

After CJ, it looks like most have moved to Linkshare. I don't understand it!!!! No one listened to me )! Two of my 3 top choices were AvantLink #1 and Shareasale #3 (the other was CJ #2) and I am unaware of any of my merchants moving over to AvantLink or Shareasale.
    I am not sure what is attracting Big Brand Name to LinkShare (I mean CJ seems to provide an easier interface, with less trouble issues).

I guess they cutting advertisers a really good deal lol
    Last edited by OneGoodMan; July 20th, 2013 at 09:42 AM.

ABW Ambassador
    What surprises me is that when it comes to network transition, none of the merchants ask what their affiliates opinions are! You would think it is more important to listen to affiliates their preferred networks since affiliates are the ones who make sales for them.

19. Thanks From:

Mayfly, (IMHO) they likely did get feedback from some of their affiliates - their high-$$$ affiliates. Y'know the poachers and the ones with tool bars and software "shopper helpers." Those affiliates would certainly recommend a network where they are allowed to operate with impunity.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Mayfly, (IMHO) they likely did get feedback from some of their affiliates - their high-$$$ affiliates. Y'know the poachers and the ones with tool bars and software "shopper helpers." Those affiliates would certainly recommend a network where they are allowed to operate with impunity.
    That's what I figured...those big "bates" and "wallets" probably told the merchants where they want the merchants go or else. Oh well...

Bonin, the Quidsi brands (diapers.com, soap.com, etc) are moving to Impact Radius, but I checked last night and they were not live. I got an e-mail:

We would like to formally announce that the Quidsi Familyhood Brands (Diapers.com, Soap.com, Wag.com, BeautyBar.com, Yoyo.com, Casa.com, Vine.com, Afterschool.com, Bookworm.com, and Look.com) have selected Impact Radius...

Quote Originally Posted by OneGoodMan View Post
    I am not sure what is attracting Big Brand Name to LinkShare (I mean CJ seems to provide an easier interface, with less trouble issues).
    I have dropped every merchant that has moved to LS.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff View Post
    Bonin, the Quidsi brands (diapers.com, soap.com, etc) are moving to Impact Radius, but I checked last night and they were not live. I got an e-mail:
    I only had one merchant move to Impact Radius, I told them good bye as well.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

I wasn't so crazy about Impact Radius, but I did the work because it seems any GAN company owned by Amazon (Quidsi, AbeBooks) is moving to Impact Radius. I'm glad I did, their tracking is superb. See this thread:
    http://www.abestweb.com/forums/impac...od-167618.html

The network I'm not currently putting effort into is LinkConnector.

26. Thanks From:
    kse

Does anyone have a contact at AppliancesConnection.com? I'm wondering if they even have an active affiliate manager right now?

Quote Originally Posted by boningroup View Post
    Where did Kohl's move to? They are one of the merchants that I work with that I have no information on. Anyone know where Ashro, Diapers, Goedeker's, Lane Bryant, Orvis, Perfume, Sam's Club, Soap, Swell and Zazzle moved to just to name a few.
    I found a couple that I did not know where they were going. All to Linkshare . Lane Bryant, Catherine's, Chef's Catalog and Gummy Lump. I guess I'll be sending out emails on the rest.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Chefs Catalog is also on Impact Radius..
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast