Multi-national sites in Wordpress
    Hello,

I am studying what is the best way to build a multi-national sites in wordpress using subfolder.

What i am doing is a media website with different countries's / categories' sites.

For example, my website url is mywebsite.com,

the subfolders I want to have are

mywebsite.com/fr
    mywebsite.com/gr
    mtwebsite.com/jp

I each site the designs are actually the same, which the content are seperated. Users can only swith between different dites through the top menu.

How can I set up this kind of multisites and what plugins or scripts should i use?

Thanks very much!

What is the easiest way to open a multisite using wordpress?
    as titled. i would like to make a website with multisites for different countries. I prefer to use subfolder to distinguish the the sites. Can anyone suggest what plugins should i use to do that?

Thanks!

Hey Carpooler,

Take it from a full time self employed affiliate - treat your website like the business asset it is. You need to make sure you get your domain name with the equivalent TLD and host for the target country.

domainname.com - hosted USA
    domainname.co.uk - hosted in the UK
    domainname.de - hosted in Germany
    domainname.fr - hosted in France
    domainname.ie - hosted in Ireland

etc etc,

You then need the content to be translated by a native speaker of that country - and DO NOT link all of the sites together - we want Google to look at them as individual businesses.

Much more work with much more reward

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    How about he start with sub folders until he gets the content developed then moved to TLDs?

Quote Originally Posted by alex richardson View Post
    Hey Carpooler,

Take it from a full time self employed affiliate - treat your website like the business asset it is. You need to make sure you get your domain name with the equivalent TLD and host for the target country.

domainname.com - hosted USA
    domainname.co.uk - hosted in the UK
    domainname.de - hosted in Germany
    domainname.fr - hosted in France
    domainname.ie - hosted in Ireland

etc etc,

You then need the content to be translated by a native speaker of that country - and DO NOT link all of the sites together - we want Google to look at them as individual businesses.

Much more work with much more reward
    This is absolutely the best way to go. Just remember one thing, you don't want to build a site and leave it sitting there static. If you have a blog on your .com site, build in a blog on the other country specific TLD sites and translate every blog you write from your .com, into your TLD specific languages. I've found great value with translators on Fiverr.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread