Thread: Creating an affiliate link from any phrase (prosperent)

Creating an affiliate link from any phrase (prosperent)
    The other day we had an affiliate pose an interesting question in our forum. They asked if it would be possible to create a Prosperent affiliate url without using our api, and using only a product name/keyword.

As luck would have it, you can. Our affiliate url's do some interesting things. If a merchant no longer carries a product, we don't want to waste any traffic that may be sent to that url via a cached affiliate link. So, our system handles this intelligently. When a click comes through we check to see if the product clicked still exists. If it does, great, we send the person through. If it doesn't we can see if any of our other merchants carry it. This means your traffic is always sent to the best merchant at that moment.

Since this person doesn't know the productId that is associated with the specific product they want to create a link for, they can simply give us a keyword, or a keyword and a merchant. Here is an example:

PHP Code:
    http://prosperent.com/store/product/219034-427-0/?k=Mastering+the+Job+Search+Process+in+Recreation+and+Leisure+Services&m=Walmart&p=&location=mydomain.com 
    replace: 219034 with your 6 number userid. So at minimum you need:
    PHP Code:
    http://prosperent.com/store/product/219034-427-0/?k=Mastering+the+Job+Search+Process+in+Recreation+and+Leisure+Services 
    replace: Mastering+the+Job+Search+Process+in+Recreation+and+Leisure+Services with your product keyword. So k=My+Product+Name

replace: Walmart with the merchant you want to send the click to. Leave it blank to let our system find the best matching product and redirect it.

replace: mydomain.com with your domain name. This let's us know where the click came from

The only two things absolutely necessary in the url are the 6 digit userId, and the k=product+name

With all of that said, is this something you guys would like to see as a standard feature directly supported by Prosperent? We have similar functionality built into our wordpress plugin (our auto linker). What we could do is allow you guys to add a line of javascript to your site header, then wrap any word or phrase on your site with <prosperent>product name</prosperent>. We will then create an affiliate link on the fly. When you build a new page, you don't even need to bother searching for affiliate links, just wrap the word with tags and let us take care of the rest.

2. Thanks From:

I'm just getting serious about he wonders of prosperent, and I'm not sure I understand all that's going on with your post here. But it sounds good to me.

I'm using the wp prosperent plugin, so perhaps there's a quick and easy way to do the same thing with auto-linker?

Like I said, I'm just getting started with this, but it sounds worth looking into.

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

Auto linker does this already. With that you have a couple options. You can highlight a line of text when writing a new post and click auto link to create an affiliate link, or you can specify phrases in the settings to ALWAYS convert into affiliate links.

Let me know if you have any issues using it.

We have a new, far easier way to handle this issue now. Please see the following thread for details: Deep link to any page on a merchants site (including those without product feeds))

We appreciate the feedback we received on this. That is what made our new method possible

6. Newsletter Signup