The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Cool Was the last line really necessary
    I understand when a program wants to reduce their affiliate base. I might not like it but business is business and if that is what you want to do ok. But is the last line (the one that starts Feel free) necessary when they are telling you to kiss off in effect? I don't need their permission to contact them if I think there is an error, and they really don't want to hear from me if there isn't one. It's the only lie of the whole email. I guess it's no big deal.

Thank you for promoting <merchant>. With much thought and consideration, <merchant> is looking to move to a closed program starting 8/2. With this new closed program, <merchant> had decided to not partner with coupon, deal, loyalty, and publishers of the like moving forward. We appreciate all the promotion and exposure you have given and will let you know if any strategy changes in the future. Starting today, July 26th, we will deactive your account in CJ - giving 7 days to remove any links, banners, or product links from your site.

Feel free to reach out to us with any questions or concerns.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    They could just as well be saying "Feel free to dance naked in the subway" or "Feel free to drink anti-freeze and die".

Such merchants exhibit all the sincerity that the late, great Fred Allen once famously said about the sincerity in Hollywood, c. 1946: "All the sincerity in Hollywood you could stuff in a flea's navel and still have room left to conceal eight caraway seeds and an agent's heart."
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by oranges View Post
    I understand when a program wants to reduce their affiliate base. I might not like it but business is business and if that is what you want to do ok. But is the last line (the one that starts Feel free) necessary when they are telling you to kiss off in effect? I don't need their permission to contact them if I think there is an error, and they really don't want to hear from me if there isn't one. It's the only lie of the whole email. I guess it's no big deal.
    Feel free to go all Gorilla on them. Or cow. Whatever your preference...
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Gorilla,

There is no need to burn a bridge by saying anything rash, which is the point. You might say something like so in case things change or the PM changes jobs and we interact again no hard feelings. But they should have ended it with good luck in your future endeavors. But ending an affiliation is like breaking up with you girlfriend. Once it has happened then there is no need for any communications. Certainly the people breaking the relationship doesn't want to hear from you again and you don't want any more emails either.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

Oranges, there is always the possibility that you cold be working on another type of site, one that does meet their criteria, and they just didn't know you were working on it.

All sorts of questions could come up, if it's a long cookie duration what happens if one of those customers revisits? Someone could have a campaign in the works that it takes more than 7 days to pull the plug on.. (anything involving print media, or a pre-recorded TV spot). Someone could even be on vacation for that long and wants a little more time to remove the banners on the front page..

I've always felt the opposite on "we wish you well on your future endeavors", I have yet to feel any sincerity from an email with it, but no email can be all things to all people, just like no program can.

6. Thanks From:

I believe it is necessary, but only if you have some questions maybe about your earnings or something else. Might not be necessary for you but it will be for someone else.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread