The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    FYI: Target datafeed
    As you know, pj only downloads datafeeds uncompressed. This doesn't matter much when the datafeed is of a reasonable size. But target has a huge datafeed. So when they moved to pj, I inquired if that was going to be their exclusive b/c several hundred meg of download can be a problem even at server to server speeds. I don't know exactly how big the file is, but I do know that just the apparel section is over 133,000 KB

Thanks for getting back to me. I have talked to my tech team and they are adding that the file would be downloaded in a zip format to the tech queue. I dont know when the completion date will be but its been added! I hope that will help.
    Anyway, this is the reply I got, so hopefully there won't be a problem. I don't intend on downloading the target datafeed until there is a compressed datafeed to download. Of course the fact that compressing a file is one line in php and shouldn't take more than a few seconds to do. But I suppose there is a todo list and they can't skip the rest to do an easy one. Oh you guys got the email saying they are upgrading in early august and it'll take 6 days to get it done.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

2. Thanks From:

Thanks, glad you requested that, i did as well, for the exact same reason.

Now, the Target datafeed on PJX isn't that big for some reason. The entire catalog is only 129,094 KB. So they seem to be excluding a lot of items. (bug?) I was expecting it to be closer to 1GB.

The PJX datafeed download process has been incredibly unreliable for me lately with many failed downloads. I'm trying to grab feeds via the API though. e.g. ...api.pepperjamnetwork.com/20120402/publisher/creative/product?...

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff View Post

The PJX datafeed download process has been incredibly unreliable for me lately with many failed downloads.
    Noticed that too - thought we had a server or software glitch on our end, at first.
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Hmmm, Evidently PJX has imposed a limit on the number of datafeeds that can be downloaded at once. You can only run one download thread at a time. (I was running two threads at once)

Hmmm, Evidently PJX has imposed a limit on the number of datafeeds that can be downloaded at once. You can only run one download thread at a time.
    Hmmm...

I've been getting response 503, which in API terms = "User has exceeded the maximum number of concurrent connections."

I've been getting response 503, which in API terms = "User has exceeded the maximum number of concurrent connections."
    I have to go back and see if we have any overlapping downloads. We fixed part of it a few weeks ago by putting in a 2 second delay between feeds. But, need to check to see if we have more than one "batch" trying to run at one time...

Cool
    I'm going to pass on the datafeed this time; will see if they get it together with categories in Popshops.

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    I have always downloaded them sequentially and they have never had a problem. No two second rule.

I haven't tried to download target. I do know that the GAN feed has a separate record for each size/ color combination which makes it very big. But either way 129,000K is still pretty big.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread