weebly or wordpress?
    Like said in the other post I am setting up a first page.
    I trialled wordpress (the free version), but I found that you cannot change the free templates a lot without messing around in the code. I find it especially annoying that you cannot choose different fonts for headers and text and the font makes so much difference in the appearance!
    That said, I am putting something together in weebly and it is super easy to use and the design is a bit more flexible.
    BUT I have my concerns. While I can do a backup of the webpage I cannot do one of the blog. At the moment I am writing directly in their text editor, maybe this would be less a danger if I would use word instead but I haven't tried the "safe as blog function" so far. At least I would have the texts safed on my computer.
    How can I best work around this? Or is weebly really not suitable?

Tax Paying Member
    If you are serious about affiliate marketing....I would suggest that you purchase web hosting from a hosting company and be choosy about who you purchase from......Then set up a word press site. It is not automatic but it is relatively easy....Take baby steps unless you have a bankroll.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Check with the WebHostingBuzz forum as they have offered to give affiliates free hosting accounts to get them to try their product.

WP is brilliant for non techies who are not conversant with web site building techniques, but as Witzer has said you must be prepared to invest even a moderate amount.

$10 a month for hosting, say $10-12 for your own website and you can have a truly professional WP website.

There are hundreds of themes, many free and perfectly acceptable but again you will often get more from a paid theme.

A small investment at the ouset will reward you in the long run.
    0 to $1m before I am 70, Ok maybe 71 !!! (April 2013)
    You Can Eat Our Noodles Without Gaining A Pound
    What is this life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare.

5. Thanks From:

Definitely go with WordPress.

It's the best content management system (in my opinion) and one huge variable you want to consider is its support.

WordPress has a TON of complimentary plugins, forums, and themes.

And they're not going anywhere anytime soon.

Food for thought.

As a starter, I would suggest Wordpress. Wordpress is very user-friendly. So, newbies wouldn't have a hard time managing it. But, if you want to have more options like for fonts, headers and etc. then by all means follow what daiarian said, get a web hosting subscription and you can pretty customize your WP site.

Weebly? Definitely not. Wordpress is as easy as pie, and no wonder it's much preferred and recommended. Plus you will get a lot more support and tutorials for wordpress.

weebly is too static, less features, hard to index and much more other disadvantages even though it's easy to use like any other site-builders... But wordpress is powerful CMS, lot of features, easy to manage, a lot of useful plugins, Flexible, can be fast to index because most search engine bots like Blogs systems, big community and plenty choice of free themes to use... so definitely Wordpress is much better!

I really like to use Wordpress personally, when compared with Weebly.

Hey plant!

I also like wordpress a lot more - especially because of its user-friendly handling! And if you have some special concerns about any topic, you will find countless videos on Youtube where - as far as I know - everything is explained, mostly with a screen sharing video so that you can model after what the guys in the videos are doing!

In this way, you can find all the answers which you are looking for relating wordpress! And the expense will be a good one once you are comfortable with the mechanics It's absolutely affordable, especially when you consider what you get for your money!

Have a nice day all,
    Dom

Wordpress and make it self hosted. I am not the most technical gal. I was able to set up with ease and a minimal budget. The plug ins are awesome. Be sure to install the spam plug ins immediately so you don't get hit with tons of spam
    Stephanie Robbins
    Robbins interactive

Loving WordPress so far. Am now digging into it trying to customize various sites and try different things. It's well laid out, a TON of free plugins/widgets and nearly as much support. Big fan. And I'm a build my own sites, with my own code, my own way kind of guy.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Wordpress is the way to go. As previously mentioned, the plugins and options to customize are unlimited. You can find support for just about any question you have just by a simple Google Search. Secondly, anything you can come up that you want to have built for your site can usually be done fairly inexpensively by hiring programmers overseas that specialize in Wordpress development. I would be happy to refer you to a company we have used on many occasions. Please send me a PM if you would like that info.
    -Chris
    Chris Cooper
    -MGECOM
    [email]socialize@mgecom.com[/email]

Eversince I started online, wordpress has been my partner. It's easy to manage.

Weebly is a good platform but wordpress is so much better, it just takes a bit of getting used to. Your right, with most themes the header text cannot be changed, however, the best option is to find a theme that allows you to upload a header. Then you can create an attractive and eye catching graphic. But if your wanting to sat getting ranked on the search engines, I highly advise you to ditch the free version and get a real domain name and hosting, that way, all the content you set up is yours and you have full ownership.

Wordpress of course because it’s a blogging platform. But then you can’t customize the free themes that would have to cost you further. I’m on witzer on this. If you’re serious about your business then spending for something like that won’t hurt at all. Weebly is meh. It’s a lot more limited than wp.

So what do you do, code every page?

I like wordpress.

A question - Can we use wordpress for Affiliate Marketing?

Recommend you read this sub forum as there has been extensive conversation about using Wordpress for affiliate marketing.

21. Thanks From:

Of course WordPress if you are serious about affiliate marketing, because wordpress is highly customizable and fictional. You can make and expand your website according to need, and its better than weebly for seo reason.

Definitely Wordpress. And don't go for the hosted platform...download the script over at wordpress.org and install it yourself on your own domain. You have full control this way and due to the flexibility of this CMS, you can build literally any type of website (not just a blog).

If you're just making a blog just to satisfy your gratification, then either of the two will be good, but if you're into marketing - you will end up using wordpress in the long run still.

25. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread