Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Who do you trust more - Cj. or shareasale?
    As i see some programs go through both i have used both but not sure which is more reliable and trustworthy?

I never had a trust problem with either of these networks. Now if you asked and Linkshare that would be another story.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

3. Thanks From:

I agree with kse as far as the last few years are concerned. I do remember a time when CJ was less responsive to affiliates. They even tried to push through Legacy links but since that time (last 3-5 years) their customer service has greatly improved and their response time is really good.

I've never had a problem with Sharasale.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Trust them both but SAS has a better reputation for support and a CEO who is active on this forum. That said there is a big price difference between the two so depends on your pocketbook. To me the biggest differentiator is the competition to your product and were that is centered. If there are competitors with good numbers (Network Rank, EPC) on one of the two then run your program there as that is where the affiliates are.

6. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    I feel more comfortable with Shareasale's tracking than CJ's (or Linkshare's for that matter)...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

8. Thanks From:

If I have an interest in a program with a presence on both CJ and SAS I will join them on ShareASale.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

10. Thanks From:

Who I would rather to trust more would probably be CJ, I worked with both support, and I find CJ Support to be more cooperative

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I consider CJ a necessary evil. Over the years I've been lied to and deceived about too many important things to ever really trust them. If they CARED about affiliates, they would always have had a presence here, responding to issues and answering questions. They would also have redesigned their interface to actually be affiliate friendly and they would not be the only major network to not have a product link generator.

In answer to the question, it's no contest: Shareasale
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by OneGoodMan View Post
    Who I would rather to trust more would probably be CJ, I worked with both support, and I find CJ Support to be more cooperative
    Hmmm - not my experience. I can always get a hold of Brian, if need be. I may not like his answer or solution, but he is always easy to contact if the need arises. Have had no problem with others I've interacted with on SAS either.

I can NOT say that with CJ. As AffiliateHound eluded to, CJ doesn't really care about their affiliates unless it's the Big, Big, Big affiliates or their own competing affiliate sites...

14. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Hmmm - not my experience. I can always get a hold of Brian, if need be. I may not like his answer or solution, but he is always easy to contact if the need arises. Have had no problem with others I've interacted with on SAS either.

I can NOT say that with CJ. As AffiliateHound eluded to, CJ doesn't really care about their affiliates unless it's the Big, Big, Big affiliates or their own competing affiliate sites...
    I do agree with you, it has been easier to get help from Brian through Abestweb, yet that hasn't always been the case before joining the forum.

I am evaluating the service based on their interaction through the customer support center.

Quote Originally Posted by OneGoodMan View Post
    I am evaluating the service based on their interaction through the customer support center.
    LOL - so was I...

17. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    CJ have improved a lot so I'm pretty happy with the customer service to date!

One thing I don't like about ShareAsale is that a merchant can drop you without notice and you will get that stupid email about how you are not accepted into their program and suddenly your commissions will stop that second. On the contrast CJ merchants have to give you at least a few days notice and most merchants will reply to your emails where on SAS I have had to wait weeks to finally get a response.

I also have ONE HUGE PROBLEM with SAS and that is their terrible exchange rates when I get paid in Australia.

SAS do at least discuss on the forum and I do like some of their features like showing reversals amounts etc.

If I had to choose one network, it would be CJ though as I make a lot more there than I do with SAS, probably due to having a lot more merchants on CJ too and are overall better quality. With SAS merchants I'm a little weary about joining and promoting them as I don't want to waste time working on promotion campaigns to find I get one of the emails mentioned above. I will thoroughly research each merchant there, check the time they have been on the network, downtime etc etc before even pressing the join button.

But as for the question, who do you trust more. I would probably say ShareAsale since I'm able to speak to the CEO if it ever is needed. I have dealt with CJ directors in the past on various issues and the outcome was not in favor of the affiliate. Would it be any different with SAS, probably not as they also regard the merchant as a lot more important than a replaceable affiliate.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

1. Shareasale (tie)
    1. Avantlink (tie)
    2. CJ

20. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Trust them both but SAS has a better reputation for support and a CEO who is active on this forum. That said there is a big price difference between the two so depends on your pocketbook. To me the biggest differentiator is the competition to your product and were that is centered. If there are competitors with good numbers (Network Rank, EPC) on one of the two then run your program there as that is where the affiliates are.
    Ditto.
    J. Duffield Affiliate Manager at Snow Consulting
    Let's Connect-PassTheSEO|#GSEG|Twitter|LinkedIn|Blog "Knowledge is Power."

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Okay, it's my duty to jump in wearing my network hat here. We have programs on Affiliate Window that we share with either CJ or SAS, and in a few cases with both. We'd love the chance to earn your business too.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

For me it comes down to people, and my dealings with those people at the networks. I have a fantastic rep at CJ, a fantastic rep at Affiliate Window (look above me ), and fantastic support at Avant Link.

I'm all about the datafeed and from that perspective, I trust CJ's technology more.

25. Thanks From:

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    I think one thing that is highlighted in this thread is that different things are important to different people! Obviously, that is true everywhere... but just interesting to see it play out in this thread.

Anyhow, thanks for the kind words everyone above - I appreciate them, and we will keep working on the issues that we are aware of as well (some pointed out above).

In any case that you come across, whether it is a compliment or a complaint, I love to hear feedback so thanks to everyone here as well that sends it along. We have an anonymous feedback "machine" as well if you ever want to leave something for me that you'd rather have as anonymous. It goes directly to my email box: ShareASale Needs to Fix This!
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Affiliate Manager Kush@VMInnovations's Avatar
    ShareASale is an ethical service-driven network that cares about both affiliates and merchants, working with a ShareASale team is a joy! A reliable business partner who will swiftly take action based on facts.

We've worked with both networks.

In the past I've had problems with CJ, i sent a lot of relevant traffic to them for a $50 conversion product. I was not seeing anything, i purposely sent someone whilst on skype to them and the conversion didn't trigger.

I then contacted CJ, they didn't care - it was like that week a tonne of people had phoned (yes i phoned) and made it clear of there discomfort with assurance CJ where handling there part. The guy didn't even attempt to keep me.

For that reason i left CJ, read many other posts from top marketers who in the past had sent them tonnes of relevant traffic and not seen a response at all.

What's irritating is that this week i was thinking of joining them again because they have some offers i would like a commission in making my traffic aware to - but i dread having to be on the phone with support - when it should be a smooth and seamless process.

I have not as yet experienced problems with ShareASale

For that reason i would go with ShareASale before CJ

I use both and vote 50-50, however I'd choose Affiliate window as there tools are better and if I have a problem whilst online, I simply hit the chat button and get my answer.

Cj is always my last choice if options are available & SAS is always my first !
    In order I would rankn as most trustworthy :
    SAS
    Avant
    (GAN)
    Linkshare

Steve
    savealotshops.com
    PJ (Changing their name did not bring improvements)
    CJ
    The above is based on my experience with tracking reliability and ease of use.
    Also, suggest you compare networks as far as merchants lowering their commission rates !

31. Thanks From:

1. Avantlink
    2. CJ

Both networks are trustworthy, however I like that Shareasale doesn't allow software affiliates in and has the clickstream capability to support content affiliates. If I were a content affiliate, I would most definitely lean towards SAS

Quote Originally Posted by robbinsinteractive View Post
    however I like that Shareasale doesn't allow software affiliates in

35. Thanks From:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast