OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    New Gmail Interface
    So they added tabs, actually find this useful. But, noticed a new advertising addition, they are pushing ads on top of the promotional tab. Got tow this morning, Hostgator banner ad, something about A/B testing that wanted me to do a search (deleted it and can't find it now). More ways for G to make money!!

hmmmm.... they are definately changing things up. I do like the tabs alot.
    J. Duffield Affiliate Manager at Snow Consulting
    Let's Connect-PassTheSEO|#GSEG|Twitter|LinkedIn|Blog "Knowledge is Power."

Now its really pissing me off. All three tabs are empty but showing three emails in my inbox but I can't get them to show. Tried checking a different folder then back to Inbox. Finally opened the inbox in another tab and there they are along with my full inbox. stupidware

That hasn't showed up yet in my apps account. I see the options in the settings where I can chose which of those tabs to show, but even when checked they aren't appearing.

I've seen it in my Gmail account and am not thrilled about it.

I am actually using Apps and it just showed up.

Had heard others complain about it but ummm I actually like it now. It really dos help to organize at least some of my email. (I'm accessing it just on a plain ole desktop computer)

Forget exactly now but if you don't like it you can change it back to the original one. Not sure but think all you have to do is go into the settings to configure inbox and then unclick everything but primary then hit save. Taaah dah ya have the old email again.

Uhhh, definitely not thrilled having to x off the ad every time I log in either but guess since it's free that's what they're gonna do.

7. Thanks From:

I personally find the Gmail tabs to be the WORST "feature" that's happened to Gmail.

I have created a structure of filters and labels that easily sorts 80-90 percent of my email and puts it where I want it. I absolutely hate that Gmail has added to that structure with totally, completely idiotic tabs that are completely irrelevant to the way I want to organize my email accounts.

I exercised the option to kill the tabs, but still they persist in my "More" section of the filter structure and serve only to get in the way.

Yeah, I know. Gmail is free and I'm perfectly free not to use it. Grumble, grumble, grumble ...

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

9. Thanks From:

I am not a fan of the Gmail tabs either; it is just one more option to fiddle with.

I don't get promotions.
    I don't subscribe to forum threads.
    I don't want updates from Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. going to my email.
    I just want the Inbox.

Thank goodness it was so easy to remove the unwanted tabs.
    Off the top of my head, I think all I did was to right-click on the unwanted tabs and then turn them off or disable them.

Voila! Back to just the Inbox!

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread