Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The California Wine Club Affiliate Program (SAS)

Smile The California Wine Club Affiliate Program (SAS)

I have learned some golden rules in the wine club affiliate program niche and my team is applying every best practice possible with The California Wine Club. This is one of Cindy's projects. She sought them out and she landed them.

We've already made great strides in higher clicks, sales and orders in the short time of managing this ShareASale Exclusive program. We are happy to send out club samples for reviews to affiliates with sufficient and relative traffic.

The California Wine Club offers a selection of hand-selected, award-winning wines to suit all tastes. There are several great wine of the month clubs to choose from to fit any budgets. Every wine is 100% guaranteed.

The owners, Bruce & Pam Boring, started the wine of the month club that was just like "one friend recommending a great bottle of wine to another friend". They choose each wine personally by visiting wineries across California.

Default Commission: 15%
    New Club Customer Payout: $?? (to be announced soon)

Join The California Wine Club affiliate program in ShareASale.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

I have a special deal for wine affiliates. If you are interested, talk to Cindy and I offline.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.

We just updated the commission. We pay 15%+ on gift orders and cases. We pay $50 for new club signups. Most of our transactions are for gifts. We want more people buying for themselves.

Affiliates need to update their promotions and encourage the gift buyers to buy for themselves also.

This is not cheap bulk wine we are selling in our clubs, like many of our competitors. We sell the good stuff and we want our customers to realize the difference and buy for themselves too.

Read more on the Marketing Gorilla Blog.
    Greg Hoffman

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    Also, there is no guessing game whether this wine can be delivered to you or as a gift. Unlike any other club, they deliver to every state except Utah.

They offer a guarantee on every wine. They know everyone has different taste, so if you receive a wine you don't like, simply call them and they will replace it free of charge.

This is a wine club for those that prefer drinking their wines from a bottle, not a box. Truly unique, artisan wines of the highest quality. Why drink cheap wine when you can drink the good stuff for the same price?
    Cindy Ballard, VP of Operations, Greg Hoffman Consulting
    Follow Me on Twitter @cingroomer
    My blog, www.oldfartlife.com

5. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Park City, Utah is filing for UN status as an independent country so we can get around the 'No Ship" liquor laws!

7. Thanks From:

Chuck needs his booze... STAT!!

On another note, I'm rebooting a gourmet site and plan to start promoting this program soon..

9. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Sure Chuck has a "mailing address" in Evanston...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

The DABC was closed Monday even though banks here were open (and National Parks). So was going to bootleg some wine from Evanston and had 90 minutes befor sons soccer practice ended. Picked up wife and headed out on the open range. She check G maps and it was 55 minutes each way so had to bail. We had dinner out with a bottle of wine from the restaurant instead. Convergence you know me to well!

12. Thanks From:

LOL - Anyone traveling INTO Utah knows the border towns and subsequent "liquor stops"...

14. Thanks From:

Kind of like buying fireworks in the South. Buy them in South Carolina or Alabama border towns.
    Greg Hoffman

16. Thanks From:

You guys can buy fireworks, geez I'm sheltered!!

18. Thanks From:

BTW, nice stats on SAS...

20. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    BTW, nice stats on SAS...
    Thank you sir. We love and value our affiliates.
    Greg Hoffman

22. Thanks From:

care to share the stats?
    The internet is a fad.

15%+ Commission

7-Day EPC $270.28
    30-Day EPC $219.12
    7-Day Conversion 7.72%
    30-Day Conversion 6.33%
    7-Day Average Sale $181.31
    30-Day Average Sale $182.78
    Greg Hoffman

Affiliate Manager Kush@VMInnovations's Avatar
    That's awesome & timely! Bump for a great program

We have had a great experience with them this season. And unlike some other wine programs, they actually value their affiliates.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    They have been a great merchant to work with also. Besides the fact they have excellent wines, the price for such high quality is really reasonable.
    Cindy Ballard, VP of Operations, Greg Hoffman Consulting
    Follow Me on Twitter @cingroomer
    My blog, www.oldfartlife.com

28. Thanks From:

Just approved another ABW Veteran this morning. Thank you for joining and enjoy the extra 5% commission boost for joining in December!
    Greg Hoffman

Nice. I finally finished replacing all my "old" wine club links with The California Wine Club. Here's to better days.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

31. Thanks From:

Leapfrog technology has been enabled for The California Wine Club affiliate program on ShareASale. Any coupon site that closes a sale within 10 minutes of a non coupon site will have the commission split with the previous affiliate. 50/50
    Greg Hoffman

33. Thanks From:

Coupon sites do not "close" a sale if the customer has already made their selections and was already in checkout getting ready to pay. If a coupon site was the original referrer, that's fine and dandy, but chiseling the commission of the original referrer who sent the customer to you in the first place is just bad business. There is nothing fair about this.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

David, it's better than the current system where original referrer gets nothing. Do you have to be negative in everything you post online?
    Greg Hoffman

I'm sorry but I just don't see anything good about cutting an original referrer's commission. A system that protects the original referrer would be "better than" a system that doles a portion out to somebody who swoops in after a sale has already been "closed".
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

I analyzed the Q4 transactions for this merchant. The percentage of clickstream crossover between content sites and coupon sites was minimal. But it was enough for me to implement this strategy. The top affiliates in this program are appreciative of any technology that helps them recover some of those commissions.

We will have to disagree on coupon site strategy. I feel coupon sites do close the sale. I've changed my opinions about coupons over the years and my team has a very tightly controlled initiative to effectively work with a handful of them in 2014.
    Greg Hoffman

38. Thanks From:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast