Thread: SellFire Experience?

ABW Ambassador
    SellFire Experience?
    It was a hot topic a while back when SellFire was first introduced as a competitor of Popshops. But I haven't seen much activities of them here lately.

Due to recent "Rakuten acquires PopShops" incident, see Thread: PopShops is now Rakuten PopShops. I'm seriously consider other alternatives in case popshops become LS merchants exclusively.

For those of you who are using or have used SellFire service, would you mind share your experience with them?

Thanks.

Tax Paying Member
    In my humble in-expert opinion......They are different......SF does not have the ability to pick single products like PS can.....but I can refine categories to something that I can use.

PS is prettier that SF.

Also with PS, I can tweak the product text....I can not do that with SF.
    This is my biggest disappointment with SF

It may just be my particular sites, but I am getting more response from search engines with SF than PS.......
    Last edited by Witzer; August 12th, 2013 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Spelling
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

3. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Witzer View Post
    SF does not have the ability to pick single products like PS can.....
    Ah, that's not going to work for me.

I like popshops's ability to be able to pick the products base on my keyword search and be able to rewrite the titles and descriptions...

Last edited by Prosperent; August 12th, 2013 at 04:04 PM. Reason: removing my comment

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Witzer View Post
    In my humble in-expert opinion......They are different......SF does not have the ability to pick single products like PS can.....but I can refine categories to something that I can use.

PS is prettier that SF.

Also with PS, I can tweak the product text....I can not do that with SF.
    This is my biggest disappointment with SF

It may just be my particular sites, but I am getting more response from search engines with SF than PS.......
    As far as tweaking the product text, I think you can do that. Signed up awhile ago, just made one store. Just logged in and picked that one store. Then under Selected Products, there is a link to the right that says Edit Contents and I was able to change the title, product text etc.

I went to check out their blog and - Error establishing a database connection

http://blog.sellfire.com/

That doesn't make me feel good.

They're pretty much inactive on FB - https://www.facebook.com/SellFire

Inactive on Twitter, last one half a year ago - https://twitter.com/SellFireTweets

So not sure what's up, but that's not a good look. Like to see more strong competitors in this area, always good to have a backup plan.

I like the general setup of it, just like PopShops in that regard.

Pick keyword
    List of merchants and how many products they have in that keyword to the left
    Make store and pick products from those merchants
    Customize it
    Have options of different code to add to page, javascript, php etc.
    Last edited by Trust; August 12th, 2013 at 04:01 PM.

7. Thanks From:

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    I have sellfire and love it.. looked at popshops but sellfire had amazon which was a big bonus with me..
    I use it on a couple of wordpress blogs, with their plugin and using the their php code..
    Witzer, not sure where you are looking but with sellfire you can change almost everything, when you click on a product up top a grey area pops up for editing, you can edit, title, text, alt image text, call to action text, almost everything...

I like the fact that I can resize images easily and I don't redirect links thru sellfire..
    It's making me money and that I really like..

9. Thanks From:

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mayfly View Post
    Ah, that's not going to work for me.

I like popshops's ability to be able to pick the products base on my keyword search and be able to rewrite the titles and descriptions...
    SAS has tools to perform all of this but unfortunately some of their merchants have unreliable data feeds and the tools only work for SAS merchants...
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Tax Paying Member
    Thanks guys. I suppose I need to read the manual on SellFire.
    Carolina China

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Justdoit View Post
    I have sellfire and love it.. looked at popshops but sellfire had amazon which was a big bonus with me..
    I use it on a couple of wordpress blogs, with their plugin and using the their php code..
    Witzer, not sure where you are looking but with sellfire you can change almost everything, when you click on a product up top a grey area pops up for editing, you can edit, title, text, alt image text, call to action text, almost everything...

I like the fact that I can resize images easily and I don't redirect links thru sellfire..
    It's making me money and that I really like..
    I want to try them out some more. Are you on one of the paid plans right now? And have you contacted them recently and has that been an issue? Thanks.

Ah, just saw this post from them last month - http://www.abestweb.com/forums/1158126-post6.html

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    Trust,
    I am on the basic plan and working good so far, I do use their php code as well on html sites with no issues so far..
    Haven't really had to contact support so can't really comment on that one..

14. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    I might have signed up an account with them already, just never took a good look at them because popshops work fine so far.

Trust is right, it is always good to have a backup plan.

Thanks for all the feedbacks above. I think I will start to take a serious look at their interface and try some shops out.

Although it seems like their customer support is worrisome. I hope there is an explanation behind it...

SellFire.com
    Hi All,

Glad to see this discussion occurring following PopShop's acquisition.

Mayfly - I too am curious to see how Popshop's service evolves. It's hard to imagine a LinkShare company distributing CJ data feeds for the foreseeable future.

Witzer - As other user's have mentioned, we do support the features that you mentioned, including picking a single product at a time. And unlike Popshop's, SellFire will even work to keep the price and links for those products that you select up to date in the event that they are changed. Please just shoot us an email at support@sellfire.com if you have any questions.

Trust - Thanks for pointing out the issue with our blog web server! I just restarted it and it's back and running now. As you saw in that other thread Em and I had some personal issues awhile back that prevented us from spending enough time on SellFire. As a result, we disappointed some of our users with slow response times. We've been back in action for a few weeks now and have been giving same day responses to customer support requests. We've also applied to dozens of new merchants. In the coming weeks I hope to add a few more networks to fill in the gap left behind by GAN's shutdown, such as Impact Radius.

Justdoit - Very happy to hear that SellFire is making you money. Thanks for advocating for us!

Let me know if you guys have any questions. Always happy to help.

Thanks,
    Jason
    Co-Founder
    Jason MacInnes
    [URL="http://www.sellfire.com/?utm_source=ABestWeb&utm_medium=Signature&utm_campaign=ABW%2BSignature"]SellFire.com - Affiliate Data Feed and Coupon Store Builder[/URL]

17. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for joining the conversation, Jason. When it comes to third party tools and services, it is very important to have a good customer support.

Popshops had great customer service and are very active here when they were first introduced. Then they closed their forum here and I was worry about their service for a while. Until I have built up a great relationship with Michelle, and everything brighten up again.

I'm glad you are back and hope to see SellFire grow stronger. Like I said, I will take a serious look at your tool and probably get a paid plan soon.

Vendor
    As Jason mentioned, we are both committed to SellFire and are looking forward to making more enhancements in the coming months. As you take a look at the offerings, please do let us know what you think. We depend on your feedback to improve!

20. Newsletter Signup