ABW Ambassador
    It Is Time To Get Rid Of "Marketing Channels"!
    It has been a painful experience when it comes to apply for Linkshare merchants due to the "Marketing Channels" setting.

There are many times when I was denied from a merchant due to the wrong "Marketing Channels". Then I have to write to the merchant and explain the site I am planning to promote their products on. Often time, they accept me into their program after that.

The "Marketing Channels" is pain in the bum. Not only it confuses the merchants, it also painful to manage reports of every single channel.

Why can't Lankshare make it simple by just assign one account for each affiliate and let affiliates add as many sites as they want under the same account, so the merchants can look at all the sites they see fit for their products?

Out of all major networks, I see only Linkshare is having this complicated "Marketing Channels" system for years. It is time to get rid of it, please!

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    One, COMBINED, payment would be nice, too...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by mayfly View Post
    It has been a painful experience when it comes to apply for Linkshare merchants due to the "Marketing Channels" setting.

There are many times when I was denied from a merchant due to the wrong "Marketing Channels". Then I have to write to the merchant and explain the site I am planning to promote their products on. Often time, they accept me into their program after that.

The "Marketing Channels" is pain in the bum. Not only it confuses the merchants, it also painful to manage reports of every single channel.

Why can't Lankshare make it simple by just assign one account for each affiliate and let affiliates add as many sites as they want under the same account, so the merchants can look at all the sites they see fit for their products?

Out of all major networks, I see only Linkshare is having this complicated "Marketing Channels" system for years. It is time to get rid of it, please!
    They actually had it like that back in the day with subid reporting. One account, each subid being a different website. They took that away and added channels. One of the dumb decisions I never liked.

ABW Ambassador
    What bothers me the most is sometimes it is hard to just apply one "channel" to a large merchants.

The "Marketing Channels" don't work well with third party tools as well. Using popshops as an example, since popshops only take one PID per network, so if I add channel 1 PID into my popshops setting, I can't promote other merchants that are approved thru channel 2, 3, 4,...

I'm sure merchants of my channel 2, 3, 4... won't be too happy if they know about this.

Since Linkshare is the new owner of popshops now, I hope they will figure it out soon and finally get rid of the "Marketing Channels" thing.

I think said marketing channels must be the reason I'm now getting about 13 duplicate emails every time from some newer merchants such as Lane Bryant, Catherines, Sonsi and Kohls. So annoying. Fills up my inbox really fast.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Here is another stupid thing... Linkshare affiliates have to choose a "vertical" for their business which identifies their niche. If you are an affiliate that covers most verticals, what do you select? I select "Shopping & Coupons". Well, guess what... Merchants use that setting to deny you access to their program because it contains the word "Coupon", even if you fall into the "Shopping" part.

LinkShare, shopping and coupon should not be grouped together...

7. Thanks From:

Marketing Channels are the pits

Archaic! Just another reason I no longer look for merchants to promote at LinkShare. I still have a few merchants from years ago and I get regular (albeit, small) checks.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

The marketing channels are a cause of confusion for me.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Yep.
    I was working with only one channel for a long time.
    Finally I had feed problems with that one channel and a tech support guy told us, "We needed a channel for each site, that a merchant can reverse sale and have you possibly removed from the network for having links on a site that they did not approve you for."
    And the way some AMs have been I can believe that......
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

12. Thanks From:

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread