how SAS pay the affiliates' commission?
    i am wondering is SAS responsible for paying the affiliates' commission? when they pay it? after a sale finished? or after the affiliates' commission reached to some amount? and how the merchant pay sas' commission? after a sale finished? or after the sas' commission reached to some amount? thank you

On the SAS site there is an Affiliate FAQ page with answers to those questions.
    https://www.shareasale.com/affiliatefaq.cfm

There is even a Merchant FAQ page:
    https://www.shareasale.com/merchantfaq.cfm
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

3. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    On the SAS site there is an Affiliate FAQ page with answers to those questions.
    https://www.shareasale.com/affiliatefaq.cfm

There is even a Merchant FAQ page:
    https://www.shareasale.com/merchantfaq.cfm
    thank you. i find almost the answer.but there is still a question that how and when merchants pay SAS' commission?

A merchant must deposit funds into an escrow account. When a sale is converted monies are moved from the merchant account to the account of the affiliate who made the sale. It is always best for a merchant to set up "Auto Deposit" to ensure there are ample funds in their account to cover commissions owed for any sale. If the merchant escrow account reaches a zero balance there will be no more affiliate referrals until a deposit is made. .
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..

6. Thanks From:

A merchant must deposit funds into an escrow account. When a sale is converted monies are moved from the merchant account to the account of the affiliate who made the sale. It is always best for a merchant to set up "Auto Deposit" to ensure there are ample funds in their account to cover commissions owed for any sale. If the merchant escrow account reaches a zero balance there will be no more affiliate referrals until a deposit is made. .
    thank you for your reply. i can get your idea but i want more details. it seems that the affiliates will get his commission when his commission have reached the $50 minimum. and how about SAS? when it will get the commission? does it will get the commission at the same time with affiliates?

hi,bill, i have another question to have your answer. what is Hit Commission and Lead Commission?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    SAS gets its network fee at the time the sales is recorded. Affiliates get credited with their commission at the time the sale is made. The commission isn't paid until the month after the sale is made provided the sale hasn't been reversed and the minimum is met for the affiliates account.

SAS pays me qualifying commissions usually on the 20th of each month, they hit my bank in the UK about 5 days later.

You have the option to set your own de minimus payment level, the levels run from $25 up to $1,000.

You can set your level under "Edit Settings" in your Account, you choose your payment method here as well.
    0 to $1m before I am 70, Ok maybe 71 !!! (April 2013)
    You Can Eat Our Noodles Without Gaining A Pound
    What is this life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    SAS gets its network fee at the time the sales is recorded. Affiliates get credited with their commission at the time the sale is made. The commission isn't paid until the month after the sale is made provided the sale hasn't been reversed and the minimum is met for the affiliates account.
    how the SAS system define a sale is recorded? that is to say how the trace code works? what is the whole process? you know if the consumer just make the order and do not pay it and the system define that is a successful deal and we have to pay the commission, our merchants will lost money and get nothing. the trace code is put in which process (order page or payment confirmation page ) that record that is a successful deal and we have to pay the commission?

Your shopping cart thank you page posts the success pixel which records to the network. So you are showing the success of the sale. If the sale is reversed its your responsibility to post that manually or automatically back to the network.

Your shopping cart thank you page posts the success pixel which records to the network. So you are showing the success of the sale. If the sale is reversed its your responsibility to post that manually or automatically back to the network.
    hi,chuck , now i have another question and i hope you can help me. we are the Tracking Code details for PayPal Website Payments Standard and now we are completing the placing tracking code‏ step on the shareasale. and we are wondering the pixel will just trace the transaction that from the affiliates' or the pixel will trace all the transactions in our websites and then they can recognize which are from the affiliates?

Technical problems when placing tracking code‏ on shareasale
    we are the Tracking Code details for PayPal Website Payments Standard and now we are completing the placing tracking code‏ step on shareasale. what we are confusing is that does the pixel will trace all the transactions in our website and then they recognize which transactions are from the affiliates' or the pixel just trace the transaction from the affiliates'?

if the pixel trace all the transactions, how can they recognize those transactions from the affiliates?

Paypal is more complicated as the sales transaction takes place not on your merchant domain but on the Paypal domain. You have to specifically send the consumer back to your Thank You page and Shareasale has specific instructions on how to do this. Make sure you test this thoroughly otherwise you not track as an affiliate sale, commissions will not be issued and your program conversion will suffer. Not to mention affiliates leaving your program.

17. Thanks From:

Merged threads, no need for more than one conversation on the same subject.

Have you thoroughly read the articles that Bill and I pointed you to?

Are you talking directly with Shareasale support, they are excellent.

Merged threads, no need for more than one conversation on the same subject.

Have you thoroughly read the articles that Bill and I pointed you to?

Are you talking directly with Shareasale support, they are excellent.
    thanks for your reply. the problem has been done. i have another question that does it matter if i don't upload the datafeed and what is the function of the datafeed?

The datafeed are the pages to a book, without it you have the Table of Content and the 1st page of each chapter. You lose the ability to work with datafeed affiliates which are also content affiliates in many cases. Plus you will not qualify for 3rd party tools like GoldenCAN and Popshops. SAS integrates directly with GoldenCAN and Bounce.cc.

hi,bill,can i ask you a question? do you know hoe to make a datafeed? and what the datafeed for?

Quote Originally Posted by christinnee View Post
    hi,bill,can i ask you a question? do you know hoe to make a datafeed? and what the datafeed for?
    1) Certainly
    2) Yes, of course.
    3a) Basically, it is a categorized list of your products - with images, pricing and descriptions - (usually) in spreadsheet format saved as .csv and uploaded to the ShareASale "repository" so...
    3b) ...affiliates can display your product line in a variety of styles - to inform (or impress) a customer enough to purchase a product for which they have need or desire.

I am OK at creating a feed for affiliates to use - but my business partner is excellent at it. She just finished creating one for an SAS program that we're about ready to announce. For our affiliate operations, she creates custom feeds from a variety of merchant feeds to use in unique product displays on our sites.

Let me ask you a question, christinnee - I mean no disrespect, but do you really feel you are prepared to operate an affiliate program. I think you really need some help from an OPM (Outsourced Program Manager) or, at least from a consultant to help you get things together.

23. Thanks From:

1) Certainly
    2) Yes, of course.
    3a) Basically, it is a categorized list of your products - with images, pricing and descriptions - (usually) in spreadsheet format saved as .csv and uploaded to the ShareASale "repository" so...
    3b) ...affiliates can display your product line in a variety of styles - to inform (or impress) a customer enough to purchase a product for which they have need or desire.

I am OK at creating a feed for affiliates to use - but my business partner is excellent at it. She just finished creating one for an SAS program that we're about ready to announce. For our affiliate operations, she creates custom feeds from a variety of merchant feeds to use in unique product displays on our sites.

Let me ask you a question, christinnee - I mean no disrespect, but do you really feel you are prepared to operate an affiliate program. I think you really need some help from an OPM (Outsourced Program Manager) or, at least from a consultant to help you get things together.
    haha, yes , you are right. i have a long way to go. but i have no choice. i have to operate it and at the same time to get all the ideas. well, can you recommend some websites or books about operating an affiliate program for some beginer like me? (ps: now i know what is datafeed. but i still can not understand its function. Data feed is the information about my products and if the affiliates want to know some information about my product, he can just go to my website. i mean what they use datafeed for. you say " can display your product line in a variety of styles - to inform (or impress) a customer enough to purchase a product for which they have need or desire" how affiliate make it happen? they use datafeed to make their favourite banners?how the affiliates use datafeed inform (or impress) a customer enough to purchase a product ?

Datafeeds make the process of creating and updating a large affiliate site with all or most of your products much more efficient. To go to your site to get the required information like product title, description, picture url, etc. is way too manual of a process for most affiliates. Most likely affiliates will not work with you.

Think about it like this. Would you rather have all the information you need to reference to build and/or update your website on one page or 5000 pages?

christinnee its important that you fully understand this subject so you can create and maintain respect from your affiliates. Here is a list of SAS articles on the subject, read them all and then comeback and talk with us:
    How to Create a Product Datafeed | ShareASale Blog
    Building A Product-Based Blog Post with Datafeeds | ShareASale Blog
    Building Blocks for Creating Quick Gift Guides | ShareASale Blog
    Datafeeds: Fun Fact Numbers! | ShareASale Blog
    Building Blocks for Program Optimization | ShareASale Blog

27. Thanks From:

28. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread