Unhappy Have an issue hope you guys can help
    Hello, I am new to the forum and I have a specific issue, with at least one of my affiliate websites. I noticed a severe drop in commissions this month and it caused me to look around and do a few google and yahoo searches for my own products. When I typed in a google search my product, you can try it to, This is the product "Eternal Sunshine Creations PARADISE CAMISOLE" . I am not sure if I can place the actual link in here (due to the link rules) so I have added the search term. The product gets a good search result, right in the top few of google. But when I clicked on google link (the search link)... It redirects me to a google.br brasil search page, not my site, yet it is my product. Now on other links in the same search they work fine to their respective sites, just my own page is redirecting. Now when I do not go through the google or yahoo search it is fine. My links are working to the product. As far as I can tell. Hope you guys can shed some light on this, could it be a virus or malware on my site? Thanks in advance for your help.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Hi, LR -

Hard to say without knowing what your site name is (which, you can't post here). You could post it in the reviews section (not crawled by bots)...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

3. Thanks From:

When you say "your own products".. does that mean products you promote..?

If so, keep in mind there are probably at least 100+ affiliates with the same product page.

Are you saying that your specific website URL, when listed in Google, is redirecting..? Or you see a product and assume it's yours..

Sounds like he was hacked.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by akagorilla View Post
    Sounds like he was hacked.
    Yep.

After pulling up domain registrations I was able to determine which site it was.

Actually got several different redirects when clicking on the domain through the SERPs.

I would say your site is hacked, and is redirecting based on referrer.

Contact your hosting company if you are unable to determine where the hack is (guessing it's your .htaccess file or page header/s)...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Yes I mean "Products Which I promote" and the reason I gave that specific search term was it was getting a high page search result on google. And yes my specific website when being clicked through google was redirecting.

Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    When you say "your own products".. does that mean products you promote..?

If so, keep in mind there are probably at least 100+ affiliates with the same product page.

Are you saying that your specific website URL, when listed in Google, is redirecting..? Or you see a product and assume it's yours..

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Yep.

After pulling up domain registrations I was able to determine which site it was.

Actually got several different redirects when clicking on the domain through the SERPs.

I would say your site is hacked, and is redirecting based on referrer.

Contact your hosting company if you are unable to determine where the hack is (guessing it's your .htaccess file or page header/s)...
    I would like to thank everyone for your help. I was hoping it was something other than a hack. But of course, I was hacked, The hosting company is doing a security check and site scan, to see where the problem lies. It seems it is above my security level on their end. When I first started building websites, without affiliate marketing, on them I had been hacked and a similar problem arose. I restored the sites from backup and the problem kept creeping up. But it was a file infected above my security and permission level. When they deleted the file it went back to normal. Hope this is the same case. I have backups of all the sites so hopefully I can just restore, upgrade version and get back to work. Again thanks for your help. Hackers are terrible, they waste so much time.

9. Thanks From:

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread