First day to be the merchant of ShareASale,what i have to do first and next?
    First day to be the merchant of ShareASale,what i have to do first and next? what would you usually do? what are your steps ?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Work through this and report back on this thread when you have completed it: Best Practices Series: Recruitment | ShareASale Blog

3. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Don't approve every one of the hundred or so coupon sites that apply Decide on a policy that makes sense for your brand and choose partners who will actually help you. I concur on Chuck's recommendation.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Affiliate Manager
    Set up your program, get an affiliate manager(optional) and recruit affiliates.

Do you have Auto Deposit setup with a backup Credit Card in place?? If not most good affiliates will not even look at your program.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Work through this and report back on this thread when you have completed it: Best Practices Series: Recruitment | ShareASale Blog
    In this blog post, Sarah says

Affiliate recruitment is traditionally slower during the fourth quarter and there may be fewer affiliates looking to join new programs during this time.

But why ? Any reasons ?

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ishank View Post
    In this blog post, Sarah says

Affiliate recruitment is traditionally slower during the fourth quarter and there may be fewer affiliates looking to join new programs during this time.

But why ? Any reasons ?
    I just talked a bit about this in answer to your question here.

In Q4 affiliates who generally work with many, many different merchants, sometimes on many, many different sites, marketing platforms/systems/tools in many different channels are super busy this time of year and aren't looking to take on new programs - or if they are probably don't have time to do much with them yet.

This is the biggest sales season of the year. High volume affiliates are locked down for this month and next. Q1 everyone starts the year fresh and has a bit more time to negotiate new partnerships, develop new plans and execute.

9. Thanks From:

Many affiliates with big sites stop applying to programs or accepting invitations in Q4 as they lock down. If you have a unique niche you can still recruit but if you are competing with major retailers its doubtful you will get much adoption. That said you can pre-position yourself for Q1 if you know what you are doing by being first in line.

I am launching three new merchants but that's because they just now got to affiliate marketing. Two have been in discussions for two years.

11. Thanks From:

You can post to the "Aquarium" site a few times. The welcome and "Affiliate Managers Unite!" one seems to bring the coupon sites pretty quickly. Announce on there that you have a ShareASale Exclusive coupon.

AutoDeposit is a great suggestion. SAS flags you and people who don't better be big. Remember, it is really about the quality. I have a few hundred affiliates, but only 10 are really driving orders. I think there are 150 who join but never implemented. SAS and affiliate programs are not overnight fixes. They usually take 1 year for full benefit in my opinion. If it weren't Q4, you could buy some advertising on SAS, but they are sold out.

Hey: I can take this opportunity to plug the Marketplace on this website. I am sure they will like to help you get fast results for a price.

Hi, dear, what do you mean "backup Credit Card"? can you give me more ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    Do you have Auto Deposit setup with a backup Credit Card in place?? If not most good affiliates will not even look at your program.
    Hi, dear, what do you mean "backup Credit Card"? can you give me more ideas?

Outsourced Program Manager
    Just in case your first credit card is turned down ( expired perhaps) SAS will go to the 2nd card on file an keep you online

Another hint;
    I use auto approval, as I am in Asia and most affiliates are in the states which means we have a time difference.

By using auto approve, the new affiliate can go in and grab links while your fresh in his/her mind. You can always go in and check the new affiliates and turn them down later if there not a good fit.
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

hi,chunk, can you suggest me some affiliate manager?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Many affiliates with big sites stop applying to programs or accepting invitations in Q4 as they lock down. If you have a unique niche you can still recruit but if you are competing with major retailers its doubtful you will get much adoption. That said you can pre-position yourself for Q1 if you know what you are doing by being first in line.

I am launching three new merchants but that's because they just now got to affiliate marketing. Two have been in discussions for two years.
    hi, chunk, now i am looking for some one to operate the affiliate program for us. can you suggest me some affiliate manager?

Post in the Jobs forum or contact the OPMs in that forum.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread