SkinCareRx (CJ) Drops from 15% to 3% during their up 50% off sale
    SkinCareRx (CJ) Drops their commission from 15% to 3% during their up to 50% off sale. Yet another clueless merchant and clueless affiliate manager.

Good Bye!!
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    We used to have the AM as a member of our local AM networking group. Will see who is running the program and see if I can get a response as to why this is fair to affiliates.

Thanks, Not a big issue for me but I thought I would give other affiliates a heads up in case they promoted them a lot. I hate it when merchants/AM try to pull a fast one on us.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Affiliate Manager
    Hi KSE,
    I am the new affiliate manager for SkinCareRx (as of August 25). I just saw this as I was prepping to launch the new CJ terms for October (I am from Inteladerm which acquired SkinCareRx and its sister sites earlier this year). I came on a week after the promo you are referring to, but I was roped in on the decision from our CJ rep. It was a big drop in rate, but based on the results, it turned out be one of the best publisher sales in SkinCareRx's history. Here's the math:

Before BMSM:
    Avg order = $116
    After avg coupon = $90.78
    Commission after coupon = $9.08

During BMSM:
    Avg order = $301
    After avg coupon = $301 (50% off was given after purchase via mail-in rebate)
    Commission after coupon = $9.03

Number of orders were up 3 times and conversion rate was roughly double in comparison to the site's average, so those that promoted this sale saw the 5 cent difference made up with extra orders (volume) during the promotion time frame.

When I was at CJU a couple of weeks ago I discussed this with many of our top affiliates and asked what they thought about the sale. All of them asked for another sale like this one since they saw a significant increase in commissions during the days of the sale. I have raised the commission rate to 7.5% for the next one, which starts on Sept 26. If things stay constant as they were last time, that same $9.03 commission will be $22.57. In no way was SkinCareRx trying to pull a fast one from what I have seen - CJ and the management team were gauging the profitability in which is allowing me to raise it for such a high AOV and converting offer next time. Hopefully this clears things up. Please let me know if you have any further questions - I would be more than happy to answer anything or give you more information about how rebate offers can increase commissions.

Thanks for keeping an eye on things too. I am brand new to the space and any insight is appreciated.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Thanks for posting and welcome to ABestWeb!
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; September 25th, 2013 at 11:05 PM.

I guess you are after coupon affiliate like ebates, and not content affiliates. Like I said I have already drop your program but thanks for at least giving your reason but I dislike your approach, as far as I concerned your ripping off your affiliates during these sales and in fact I guess your hoping most affiliate do not even notice the drop in commission.

Anyway I hope you stick around and maybe learn something from the affiliates point of view on how we are always being ripped off by merchants that give us no respect.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread