Live chat on website to increase visits
    While looking for new ideas to get more visitors to my website I came across this website that provides a live chat so people can talk amongst themselves.

TotalFPL : Price Changes

I would be interested to know what the people on here would make of the pros and cons of this feature.

My website is geared towards sports betting so there are specific times when this could get extremely busy, specifically Saturday 3pm GMT and I think it would be a great feature to get people to come to my website to have a chat with people who have the same interest and possibly recommend my website to their friends, ect.

Any links on how to get this software, expense involved in running this, ect, would be appreciated.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Most cPanel hosting has a chat program or two - for free. Bandwidth hogs, though. If you're on shared hosting your provider may not like the resource usage...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Thats the main problem. I am not too technical so is there a way to estimate bandwidth usage or a general rule of thumb that I can use depending on the expected number of users?

Do you think people would actually use it?

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Thats the main problem. I am not too technical so is there a way to estimate bandwidth usage or a general rule of thumb that I can use depending on the expected number of users?

Do you think people would actually use it?
    Been so long since I set up chat rooms, I really don't recall. Each product probably has a website / support forum.

As for people using it - that's tough to say. Yahoo! had very popular chat rooms for years and years. However, folks here at ABW stopped using the ABW chat...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Quote Originally Posted by Milesgeek View Post
    Setting up an online chat is crucial especially of you are selling a product / service online. This enables the people to connect with you and talk about their issues easily.
    The OP is talking about chatrooms where users of the site can socialize with other users, not a "sales/service live chat" feature.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

6. Thanks From:

7. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread