Do AvantLink Send out an email when your excepted by a merchant???
    I started working with AvantLink a few month's ago and have just joined a few merchants, since I happy so far I went in a requested to join a few more merchants 2-3 days ago. I never heard anything about the status of these applications that needed to be approved by the merchants so I went it today and it looks like I been approved for the programs. So do AvantLink Send out an email when your excepted by a merchant???

I did get one email from the merchant that auto approved me.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    When a merchant approves or denies a publisher, there is a checkbox present that says: "Send approval/denial email"

If a merchant does not check that box, but accepts you, the notification would not go out.

It's most likely the merchant did not check the box before taking action, and that's why you did not get notified.

Remember you can also go to "Merchants" on the main menu, and sort by "My Active Merchants" to get a look there.

3. Thanks From:
    kse

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-AvantLink View Post
    Remember you can also go to "Merchants" on the main menu, and sort by "My Active Merchants" to get a look there.
    That that is what I did but I was wondering if they were still pending or ready to go. Every other network (that I work with) sends out emails no mater what. Is it possible that you have send email as default??

Thanks
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

5. Thanks From:

I will note this for the developer queue, but not sure it will be a priority on the list since we have never had this same request.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    I will note this for the developer queue, but not sure it will be a priority on the list since we have never had this same request.
    OK, don't be a CJ - be different (CJ doesn't email declines to your email addy - ONLY to the CJ mail interface).

Should be mandatory for ALL networks to notify affiliates, who have taken the time to apply to one of their merchants, the status of their application once approved or denied - WITH a LEGITIMATE reason not a bullet list of potential reasons...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

8. Thanks From:

My point is this has never been brought up as an issue before in nearly nine years since we opened for business.

I appreciate the feedback though. There is always room for improvement.

ABW Ambassador
    I will note this for the developer queue,
    Please do so. Thanks.

Thanks, I sure other affiliate would like to receive these emails as well.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    OK, don't be a CJ - be different (CJ doesn't email declines to your email addy - ONLY to the CJ mail interface).

Should be mandatory for ALL networks to notify affiliates, who have taken the time to apply to one of their merchants, the status of their application once approved or denied - WITH a LEGITIMATE reason not a bullet list of potential reasons...

Gary I would ask that you make the default for that box to be clicked. I always click it but have missed on rare occasion.

13. Thanks From:

Gary I would ask that you make the default for that box to be clicked. I always click it but have missed on rare occasion.
    That seems like a very simple and logical solution. I'll see what I can do. I have pull

15. Thanks From:

I don't have an estimate time for roll our, but the dev team is going to check the box for sending notifications by default.

Also I was reminded about our "Association Changes" RSS feed we have available in the publisher Notification Center.. go to "Account" on main menu, then Notification Center for this.. check it:

"Feed of merchant recruitment offers, application acceptances/denials, commission changes."

"Feed of merchant recruitment offers, application acceptances/denials, commission changes."
    So now I have to ask the questions (since I new to AvantLink)

1) So do I get an email automatically with a merchants changes my terms including commission rate and cookie length??

2) When a merchant changes my terms do they go into effect right away as is the case with SAS (Bad) or are we given 7 days to drop their program if needed as is the case with CJ (much better)?

19. Thanks From:
    kse

That looks ok, but will I get an email? Will it go into effect right away as is the case with SAS or will it go into effect in x number of days? Just wondering that is all. I new to the network so I have not seen this message on login yet.

There is no email that goes out currently, no. But you can subscribe to that RSS feed I mention above.

You cannot move past the login screen to do anything else where we give notice of changes, however, so there is no way to miss it.. unless of course you never login.

We do require merchants give 7 days notice by email when they post negative term changes, ie, if they move their commission or cookie life lower than what they have previously. However for terms changes that would award you more $ or cookie days we do not require email notification.

22. Thanks From:
    kse

We do require merchants give 7 days notice by email when they post negative term changes, ie, if they move their commission or cookie life lower than what they have previously. However for terms changes that would award you more $ or cookie days we do not require email notification.
    Perfect, Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    for notification that we have implemented this suggestion by Chuck. Hopefully that helps in terms of making sure merchant acceptance notifications go out. GM

25. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Noticed it today, nice work!

27. Thanks From:

There is no email that goes out currently, no. But you can subscribe to that RSS feed I mention above.

You cannot move past the login screen to do anything else where we give notice of changes, however, so there is no way to miss it.. unless of course you never login.

Ok, I just got (for the first time) one of these notices and as you state I have to confirm that I have read this announcement. So I "click here" to see the new term, that works fine, But......................

I have no idea what changed with the new terms, since you only show the new terms and I not allowed to go on until I confirm that I have read this announcement I have no idea what the old term were.

It would be nice to know what changes were made (both old terms & new terms should be displayed in my option)

There is a quick note/summary of the terms changes on the dashboard where you clicked the link. You must have missed it.

30. Thanks From:
    kse

31. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread