Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Lightbulb CJ Merchants Please Read - New Product Link Generator
    CJ has finally joined the 21st century and added a product link generator, and not just any product link generator, but a toolbar "one click" generator [just like Amazon has] that allows you (theoretically) to create a link to any merchant page you access.

HOWEVER I have tried to create links from product pages from many CJ merchants ant NOT ONE SINGLE MERCHANT that I have tried has activated the use of the generator.

It's there, but we cannot use it!

PLEASE CJ Merchants - ACTIVATE the Code Generator.

Affiliates - tell merchants, affiliate managers, opms to ACTIVATE the code generator.

Thanks.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    Is this the extension you can download for chrome? If so only works in the UK for now, would love to see it work for US.

This is the announcement, and no mention of the existing tool that the UK has had for a couple of years:

Get the CJ Deep Link Generator Now!

CJ is proud to announce the CJ Deep Link Generator, a browser-based tool that integrates seemlessly with your content development workflow. The CJ Deep Link Generator provides you with the ability to generate affiliate deep links to the products, categories and stores you promote directly from the destination pages - without logging into or searching for active links in the CJ Account Manager. The CJ Deep Link Generator is both browser and operating system agnostic - a fancy way of saying it will work in any modern browser on Windows, OSX and Linux systems.

For details about the CJ Deep Link Generator, how to get it and how to use it, visit the product information page at www dot cj dot com/cj-deep-link-generator.
    The link landing page says it is available for Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE9 and IE10. I downloaded it to Firefox with no problem.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

4. Thanks From:

I just tried it on 8 or 9 merchants that are my favorites and once I logged in thru the bookmarklet I was able to build a link to any page.
    I like the fact that the bookmarklet allows me to switch between sites really easy and add the sid parameter, but it would be great if more merchants enabled it.

6. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    I tried to get the "CJ Deep Link Generator" bookmarklet, but get this message:

"Oops
    For some reason, we can't generate a link to this page. It could be that multiple advertisers were a match to this url, the advertiser doesn't have a deeplink enabled link or you are not a member of an eligible program."

I'm using IE10.

I'm reasonably sure it's the "advertiser doesn't have deep links enabled" reason. You should contact the merchant and ask.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

10. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    I'm reasonably sure it's the "advertiser doesn't have deep links enabled" reason. You should contact the merchant and ask.
    I was trying to download the bookmarklet. I clicked on the "CJ Deep Link Generator" button and that's what I got the error message from.

Where did you get the bookmarklet?

oh, sorry, I thought that you had it and had the problem using it.

I got if from the Firefox add-on site - did a search for Commission Junction there and it came right up and it took a few seconds to install.

13. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    So does anybody know where to get the bookmarklet for IE10? I've looked around on CJ interface and searched online, but couldn't find anything.

Maybe I should ask CJ.

Mayfly,
    You can get it here, Deep Link Generator Landing Page | www.cj.com

16. Thanks From:

Sounds like using any other link to open on a custom specified page. It's a bit of a clunky way of getting to the place where you can do it, but surely everyone can do that?

ABW Ambassador
    It's a cool tool but the drawback is that there is no way to associate a link with its PID. It automatically pick the first PID on your sites list. You can add and sid, but it's no good if you are running reports by websites.

Quote Originally Posted by mayfly View Post
    It's a cool tool but the drawback is that there is no way to associate a link with its PID. It automatically pick the first PID on your sites list. You can add and sid, but it's no good if you are running reports by websites.
    When I open it, there is a drop-down that lets me choose any of my sites/PIDs and you can make any of them the default.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    When I open it, there is a drop-down that lets me choose any of my sites/PIDs and you can make any of them the default.
    I'm using the bookmarklet which I added to my favorite bar(IE10). When I find a product I want to link, I click on the bookmarklet and it will turn that page into a html link. There is no PID options to chose from.

The procedure is exactly what is showcased on http://www.cj.com/publisher/cj-deep-link-generator

Mayfly, when you see the link, look at the top right hand side of the box. There is a spoke/star symbol. Click that and the PID options come up.

22. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by ArabShopper View Post
    Mayfly, when you see the link, look at the top right hand side of the box. There is a spoke/star symbol. Click that and the PID options come up.
    Ah, didn't notice that hidden symbol...Thanks ArabShopper.

Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by mayfly View Post
    Ah, didn't notice that hidden symbol...Thanks ArabShopper.
    You're welcome. Have a great weekend!

25. Thanks From:

It's not hidden and you don't have to hunt for a symbol on firefox.

Sorry about the confusion.

27. Thanks From:

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hiya

Quick question, merchant wise, this would just need to make sure "Deep linking" is activated correct?

there's no other settings that I am aware of that would need to be "set" in order to make this work.

Thanks

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO View Post
    Hiya

Quick question, merchant wise, this would just need to make sure "Deep linking" is activated correct?

there's no other settings that I am aware of that would need to be "set" in order to make this work.

Thanks

Chris
    (From an affiliate not a merchant) I've tried to use it with several merchants that have deep linking, from whom you can get product links from both the old "get links" section and the much never "links" section, and from NONE of them can I get the new link generator to create a link.

30. Thanks From:

Strange, there's nothing I can find in the CJ interface that gives any hint of anything that needs to be done from the merchant side to make this work...
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    There is one mention of deep links in the CJ Support interface on the merchant side. To my memory you have to request it. Then on a per link basis you have to check it so its possible that the merchant could miss it even though its enabled for there account.

33. Thanks From:

Deep links yes there's a set up option for that, but I was referring to the Product Link Generator, which seems to not function for a lot of merchants even when they have deep links activated (based on the above points)

35. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I was combining your comment with AffiliateHoud's. There are cases when deep links do not work when they are enabled. Thought that might be the case where some merchant links would show up in the toolbar and others wouldn't. It can be a crap shoot with CJ tools at times and I have spent hours trying to figure out why some things work and others don't.

37. Thanks From:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast