why there are so many coupon affiliates applying for your program ?
    i just active my account a few days. but there are amounts of coupon affiliates applying for my program. are there some reasons for this?

They just want to steel commissions from your other affiliates.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    They just want to steel commissions from your other affiliates.
    what do you mean " steel" ?

Coupon sites grab the easy sales. They put no effort into promotions. It will take you many many months to find the right type of affiliates.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

5. Thanks From:

actually, what is the effective way to find the right affiliates? i have sent so many messages, but it seems that they seldom respond.

Time, patience and high conversion.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

Quote Originally Posted by christinnee View Post
    what do you mean " steel" ?
    They force people to click on their link to get the discount code and by doing that they replace any other affiliates cookie with their own cookie and their for steel the other affiliates commission who did all the work attracting them to your site in the first place.

If the coupon affiliate displays the discount code without forcing the shopper to click on any links (and overwriting other affiliate coupons) to see the discount code then I do not include them in with the dishonest coupon sites.

One thing I suggest is that you do NOT have a coupon box displayed during checkout process, because at this point the shopper has already decided to buy. Showing this coupon box makes the shopper to start searching for coupons.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

ShareASale also has an internal mechanism in place to help keep that last-minute "sniping" from happening. However, doing manual acceptance of affiliates will help keep your program more attractive to content affiliates.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    ShareASale also has an internal mechanism in place to help keep that last-minute "sniping" from happening. However, doing manual acceptance of affiliates will help keep your program more attractive to content affiliates.
    Where can I read the details on this? Also do the merchant have to opt in or at all merchants covered by this?

11. Thanks From:

It looks like you other thread has been removed, In that thread I posted you also need to setup auto deposit if you want to attract good affiliates.

Where can I read the details on this? Also do the merchant have to opt in or at all merchants covered by this?
    That is set up in the merchant interface and at merchant discretion. The following is from a post on the SAS blog:
    If you note a pattern in your Affiliate Program that involves Affiliates earning commission on clicks very close to the time of the sale - you can setup a rule that skips past that click and looks backwards in the click-stream to see if there are any other Affiliates involved in the transaction. This can be extremely helpful in dealing specifically with Coupon and PPC Affiliates to allow them to stay in the program while ensuring value.
    I'm not very familiar with how it works - our new program will not need that feature - because we will not be accepting any coupon sites or other "cookie eating" sites.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..

14. Thanks From:
    kse

Thanks Bill but it looks like a manual setup for the merchants so most merchants will not use this feature and even if they did we would know their doing it. So not I would say SAS merchants are no different then other networks with the exception of a few merchants who may have the option turned on.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    actually, what is the effective way to find the right affiliates? i have sent so many messages, but it seems that they seldom respond.
    What are you doing other than waiting for affiliates to sign-up for your program?

Thanks Bill but it looks like a manual setup for the merchants so most merchants will not use this feature and even if they did we would know their doing it. So not I would say SAS merchants are no different then other networks with the exception of a few merchants who may have the option turned on.
    It really needs to be a manual setup for merchants - because they are the ones who determine how, when and to whom their commissions will be paid. You, as an affiliate, will need to ask a merchant their policy if it is not already stated in their terms - and/or request that they consider a shared attribution model.

For example, we will have our program "attribution" set to zero for any "last minute" cookie-overwrites - just in case someone "sneaks" into our program and does, in fact, have a coupon-optimized site on which they promote our products (which is against our terms).

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread