Post Mobile affiliate marketing
    Hi,

In recent days the mobile search has been increased very fast. Let me know Shareasale are going to target the mobile based affiliates or any other promotion tools for mobile user so affiliate can take advantage of this.

GAN has introduce the mobile banner ads & it was hit.

Also I need some reviews of abestweb forum expert on mobile affiliate marketing. What they think & there suggestion.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    The way mobile devices are advancing, we are getting to the point where web based mobile marketing is no different from web based marketing in general. The key area for exploration I see is in the application side of mobile Apps, where a website is not part of the purchase cycle.
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

3. Thanks From:

But what about tracking from Mobile devices, are we getting our commission on affiliate sales when the item is bought using a iPad or smart phone???
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Good point, ipad uses cookies so I would imagine that standard web based tracking works as standard, and sites that use direct linking would be unaffected either way.

However how the tracking work for say a "product search" app that connected a product from an app to web site for purchase might be more challenging and more in the way as I perceive "mobile marketing" with today's devices

6. Thanks From:
    kse

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I have five merchants on AvantLink and we are seeing 20% of the sales coming through mobile devices. Am working to see if we can get mobile versions of the site and mobile specific carts to increase conversion.

8. Thanks From:
    kse

That is a interesting and good news that people will actually complete a sale on a mobile devices. I know a lot of people browse for items from their iPad etc but I always figured they completed the sale on their desktop and due to that action I and other affiliate would lose the sale since at they point they would just type in the merchant URL.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

I wouldn't have a problem ordering from an iPad and wouldn't from an iPhone if I specifically wanted to buy something. On the iPhone it would depend on the cart, if it was tedious I would go to the computer.

I just summarized the sales for three merchants previously mentioned and figuring the mobile sales versus total sales I got 17.5% were mobile. That is moth-to-date.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Chuck you are giving me new hope that my mobile traffic may just be converting after all.

I wonder if other merchants/AM/OPM/Networks can share any stats they may have on Mobile sales as well.

Added: 20-30% of the traffic on several of my sites are mobile.

Agreed. iPad wise I order without an issue, just as easy as ordering from my Lap Top, from my phone, less so. I'll see if we have any data on mobile vs web we can share.

14. Thanks From:
    kse

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    27% of our sales on Avantlink in the last 30 days have been from mobile devices...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

16. Thanks From:
    kse

Convergence do you have any AvantLink merchants who have optimized for mobile?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Convergence do you have any AvantLink merchants who have optimized for mobile?
    Based on what parameters and who's expertise?

Do they have a mobile version of their site? Is their cart mobile ready? Trying to get some insight into if a site is specifically setup for mobile do they get more mobile sales.

Looking at one of my merchants via my iPhone their site is impossible to read without strong eyeglasses on my iPhone in Safari. The cart is not any better. Seeing that they are spending a ton on TV advertising and knowing my own habits of checking things via my iPhone during commercials I would like to encourage them to optimize their site for mobile. Yes, there is no mobile standard but any information I can provide helps to make the case.

Well...

Would say the merchants that get mobile sales make it a good enough experience for the shopper to do so.

Don't visit merchant sites on mobile - currently not a parameter in considering them for inclusion.

It's relatively easy to assume they will convert on mobile just by visiting them on a desktop/laptop. If pages don't load instantly, for whatever reason, then it's going to be worse on a mobile device. If the site has lousy navigation and is just plain ugly, the chances don't look good for ANY conversion.

Do know we get more traffic from mobile devices to clothing, shoes, and at the bottom of our mobile traffic, appliances.

But, if the AFFILIATE's site doesn't cut it on a mobile device then it's a moot point.

Some things are just logical...

Thanks to all of you. I get more information after reading all (expert) comments.

I have one more question it`s necessary for merchant to have mobile version site instead of mobile apps.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmay40 View Post
    I have one more question is it necessary for a merchant to have a mobile version of their site instead of mobile apps.
    I would say it very much depends on the product and target audience. Something only the merchant themselves can really judge. The demographic audience would likely be a huge factor in this. That said, why would they not do both, especially considering building a mobile version of their site ought to be something that is done as standard for any site being built now a days.
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Here's an article out today: 10% of Consumer Ecommerce Spending On Smartphone or Tablet

10% of Consumer Ecommerce Spending On Smartphone or Tablet

Thanks a lot Chuck for the article

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread