ABW Ambassador
    CJ Merchants, Please Make Your Product Based Report Available!
    It bothers me when I get a sale and I don't know which products are selling. I asked CJ once and they said that it's up to the merchants to implement item based tracking.

There are very few merchants on CJ provide product details (name or SKU). I don't know why some merchants provide it and some don't. If you are a CJ merchant, please enlighten me.

Knowing what products are selling is very important for affiliates. So merchants, Please make product level information available! Or better yet, CJ should make it mandatory.

(BTW, sid is a different story. Because sometimes customer may click on a link with a sid but end up buying something else)

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    The only reason I had item based tracking was for a merchant I manage that would offer different commissions on particular products. It was called Item Based Commissions (IBC) and we used this at the end of the season to clear out clearance items. It was an addition to a datafeed. An issue I have seen is that if a program in CJ is launched without a datafeed it costs extra to go back later and add it. Just checked and for a merchant I now manage that didn't add a datafeed there is no product level reporting. There is a report of product by publisher so if its implemented they can provide you a report with that level of detail.

3. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    The problem is not just with the merchants who don't offer datafeeds. Some of them have datafeed but don't have item based report available.

To be honest if they don't have it they will have to sell management on the cost to add it and the benefit of that. That is what I find every time. For that reason I have a merchant with both CJ and AvantLink programs. AV came a year after the CJ program and that one has the datafeed. We also add videos there as its easy. CJ video links are a pain in the ass.

ABW Ambassador
    Chuck, are you saying that if a merchant offers datafeed, the item based report should be available?

Many of my CJ merchants do HAVE datafeeds, but still don't have item based reports available.

They need to have a datafeed then can add item based reporting. I believe its a $1000+ charge to add that. Your other option is send them your order ID report and ask them to identify the items sold.

8. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    They need to have a datafeed then can add item based reporting. I believe its a $1000+ charge to add that.
    That might be the reason why. $1000+ might sound too much for a small merchant, I understand that.

But come on, many of the merchants are fairly large size ones, they certainly can afford to implement such an important reporting tool.

10. Thanks From:

It's not just the datafeed they need. In order to implement item based tracking, the merchant needs to have an advanced pixel set up. The standard CJ pixel only passes through the order id and total sales amount, not the individual items purchased. If they initially set up their account with the regular simple pixel, they need to request a new pixel from CJ have their developers install the new advanced pixel.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread