Affiliate Marketing outtakes
    Outtakes: These are real things said to us over the years by merchants, Affiliates and Networks. I started writing them down and every now and then I look at the list and crease up. I thought I would share and yes, even we are not perfect. Id love to hear any of your moments

Merchants:

“We don’t want to work with coupon sites, they devalue the brand”
    Merchant had four sales a week coming in.

“We don’t want too many sales Jessica” Merchant was a start up, they had not launched, they had zero sales.

“Can you send us a list of all the vetted and approved affiliates you did, so we can vet them and decline the ones we don’t want”

“Can you ask the ppc affiliates for a list of all the key words they are bidding on so we can get a better understanding of how to do it ourselves”.

“ Jess…”
    “yes?”
    “Can you ask some of the affiliates to put a direct link from their site to ours”
    “You mean you want affiliates to refer traffic to our site to help increase our organic search for free? um that’s not quite how it works! ”

“Oh…. Yeah” Doh!

Affiliates:
    Oh there you are“Can you send me another freebee?”
    “Yeah sure, but first tell me, how did you promote the last one we gave you? I don’t see any activity on your affiliate account.”
    “ My sites been down but I did tell my neighbor. Has she been on your website yet?” I love that one.

Helping hands
    “ I have added the link, can you check that its working…”
    “I checked your link, it’s a direct link which does not have your affiliate tracking ID, which means you won’t make any commissions, have a look at the enclosed, I have set up the link for you, just copy and paste.”
    “ I have added the link, can you check that its working…”
    “You still have a direct link, did you copy and paste the link I sent to you?”
    “Yes but the link you sent had a bunch of weird numbers in it, so I removed them”
    “Ahhh right, you need to put the numbers back, trust me on this one”. - A very new affiliate 

PS Have a good weekend

3. Thanks From:

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread