Does Anyone Have Success With Auto Parts Programs
    Over the last few months, I have done a lot of research on Merchants selling auto parts. This includes popular vendors like AutoZone, AutoAnything, AutoPartsWarehouse, and TAPAutoParts.

As an affiliate myself, I have not seen a whole lot of success.

As an Affiliate Manager, I am trying to find the best way for affiliates to have success promoting these types of offers.

I discovered that on AutoZone and AutoAnything, consumers were being hijacked by "Live Chat" Reps, who would either process the order for the customer, or have the customer call in. Never once giving the affiliate credit for the order.

This happened to me every single time when testing.

Any suggestions or ideas you have are greatly appreciated. There are so many items available in this vertical. There is something for anyone that drives a car, truck, suv, or minivan.

What do affiliates have to share?

Thank you,

Richard Rowe
    Affiliate Manager
    TAP Auto Parts
    702-979-1577
    Richard Rowe
    OPM | Affiliate Manager | [URL="http://tapautoparts.com/affiliate_program.html"]Total Automotive Performance[/URL]
    Share A Sale

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by RichRowe View Post
    I discovered that on AutoZone and AutoAnything, consumers were being hijacked by "Live Chat" Reps, who would either process the order for the customer, or have the customer call in. Never once giving the affiliate credit for the order.
    This type of merchants always make me sick to my stomach...

3. Thanks From:

Ya - I was really surprised when this happened to me, and not just once, but every single time.

As an affiliate I was so frustrated and upset. As an Manager, I want to make sure this does not happen to our affiliates.

Richard Rowe
    OPM | Affiliate Manager | [URL="http://tapautoparts.com/affiliate_program.html"]Total Automotive Performance[/URL]
    Share A Sale

5. Thanks From:

(Pool) parts are a major part of our business, but they are fairly labor intensive for our publishers. Our best publishers often focus on creating content that is incredibly simple which is easy for mobile users and Google robots to read. They often include cross references to other generic parts we don't even sell, so there is a lot of cross pollination between name brand, generics, and similar pieces.

One of our best examples is a hobbyist's site that sort of evolved into a publisher site. He would work on his friend's hot tub, and catalog what they were buying. One day he decided to add affiliate links and before you know it he had a decent amount of commission heading his way.

I know the auto parts niche is very different than the pool parts niche, but they both focus on relatively inexpensive orders for very specific pieces. In the end, I know our parts publishers work hard keeping data up to date, and their SEO relevant. Also, we don't hijack their sessions ;-)

7. Thanks From:

As I prepare for the upcoming SEMA Show - Trade Show for Auto Parts - I am starting to wonder if I might have more success offering "White Label" programs in this vertical.

I am seeing more and more merchants offer "White Label" opportunities to their affiliates.

Definitely giving it a look.

Richard Rowe
    Share A Sale

Quote Originally Posted by RichRowe View Post
    As I prepare for the upcoming SEMA Show - Trade Show for Auto Parts - I am starting to wonder if I might have more success offering "White Label" programs in this vertical.

I am seeing more and more merchants offer "White Label" opportunities to their affiliates.

Definitely giving it a look.

You might do well to give it a "serious" look.

Our best gigs have been in another very competitive industry - hotels. But that success has only been because I've been implementing white-label solutions since 2001. We've been given a toll-free number - and find that 25% of our reservations are by phone. There is also no "coupon sniping" because we are "our own brand."
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

10. Thanks From:

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread