Thread: How to get more rankings and traffic with datafeeds??

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    How to get more rankings and traffic with datafeeds??
    Was looking over an affiliate site and noticed they were using one of my merchants datafeeds. I searched the product title in G enclosed in quotes (happy to share with you) and also noticed one of your sites ranked for that term. Wondering if you have any recommendations on how to get more rankings and traffic with datafeeds you would be willing to share with the ABW audience?

I completely missed this post.

The key to ranking well with datafeeds seems to be content. If you take a merchants datafeed and report it word for word you likely aren't going to rank well (nor should you). Since we aggregate datafeeds from thousands of merchants, you get a very diverse set of data back from our api.

Take the example of shoes. Send our api a query for shoes and you get back a list of products from brands and merchants that are trending at that moment (based on our data and algorithms). Because of this, each page you build with our api is far more unique. No two pages have the same content since our system is always updating. This is seen as being higher value in the eyes of the search engines, and it gives the end user a better experience since they see the information that is most likely going to be relevant to them.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to the end user. What will help them make a buying decision and give them a better experience? Seeing the same information they get from the merchants site doesn't add any value. Showing a mashup of data from multiple merchants is more useful.

3. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Great answer!!

5. Newsletter Signup