What are your thoughts on Pinterest and ads now?
    A lil bit of older news but what are your thoughts about Pinterest now going to be experimenting with ads. (promoted pins)

Pinterest Announces First Ad Product: Promoted Pins

Do you think members will be annoyed with it and decrease their popularity? Do you think it will change how they appear in search results now?

I know I have a terrible time lol trying to explain to hubby why they appear high in search results when he says all they do is take photos from other sites. He doesn't mean people are doing anything wrong by pinning the photos but doesn't understand how it's thought to be being wrong if say a person copies a photo from one site then puts it on their own site but is ok to pin something to Pinterest and that's ok.

Also, doesn't understand how they can have pins from members who will pin a photo from a site but the site where the original photo came from will be lower in the search results.

Natural progression. They need a revenue model, or they will go out of business (run out of vc). I doubt any of the users will actually stop using the site because of it. I'm sure there will be backlash, just like there is everytime Facebook updates anything in their interface, but at the end of the day, I doubt their traffic will change.

I think it is so common place no will bate an eyelash about it. It won't stop those that will vent about selling out but ya need to sell a little to survive
    Stephanie Robbins
    Robbins interactive

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    All I know is someone is making money from Pinterest. I have a merchant who fits that demographic and have done some research. Hug bloggers with huge followings on P. Would love to see affiliates able to monetize links there. Can also say that most merchants ask me how to utilize for affiliates as they are trying to do the same directly.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    What's Pinterest?
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

It doesn't work with a datafeeder!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    It doesn't work with a datafeeder!
    Actually, have it on every one of our product pages via social bookmarking - However, due to Pinterest's image size requirements, many affiliate images can't be pinned directly...

Admit it, you're a secret pinner aren't you!!

9. Thanks From:

Rofl...

I use Pinterest for some of my affiliate marketing. It is a great way to get the products seen by your followers, it is also easy and fun. I started getting addicted to pinning and getting people to follow me. I think that this new ad thing is not going to hurt us that much. I have always seen Brands passing links around anyhow, it brought a little healthy competition. Now could it hurt affiliates, sure if they take away the ability to Pin your own content with a URL. But if they do that, what would be the point of Pinterest? So I guess you can say affiliate marketing made me a closet pinner LOL

12. Thanks From:

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread