15 years and counting
    Let's say somebody make an illegal copy of your website and replace the CJ links with their own affiliate ID.
    What's the position of CJ on that? Do they allow the publisher stealing the links to stay in their network? Do you think the publisher's account should be deactivated? Is it covered by the new publisher agreement?
    I was told to work with the host. I did, the offending site was shut down, but the same site was back later on with an other host. For me the only solution is to cut the money stream. What's your opinion?

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

Common sense says it must breach CJ's terms, report it to CJ support and to the merchants listed. Report it to google too, may as well try to cut their traffic.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Tar and feather the buttholes who copy sites changing the ID#'s and spamm the SE's. I see more and more of this as the perps know they do not have the ethics or skills to build out a site that sell products or services. Thank God most of the site thieves concentrate on the "incent" loyality shopping sites.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

15 years and counting
    If you run a whois on these sites you'll see most of them are coming from the same countries stealing our Credit Cards' information. Indonesia...
    I've been talking to Google and they have been very helpful to ban these sites.
    BUT, I can't spent my time doing that. I'll like a clear answer from CJ. If they don't do something, now, they will be overload soon. If they are blocking Publishers from India, there's a reason... It's nothing less than cyberterrorism and it can happen to anybody with good rankings in SE.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

how do we know if someone has been stealing from ours ? loss in traffic, maybe ?

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread