What's fun about returning after a long lay off
    Been away now I'm ... blah, blah, blah.

Now that I'm back, however, I find myself making stupid mistakes. Little things really, but just ... dumb.

When I apply, I have a little spiel that I write up for each and include a little customization for each. A real brief why you statement. Apply to a couple dozen merchants this morning and sent most of them the exact same message.

Further to this, I do my research and see if multiple sites are managed by a single team or contact and if so, spend a little more time with each of those to make them more differentiated. Don't want to come across like I am sending a form letter even though, yes, that's exactly what I am doing. I'm weird like that. Anyway, forgot to check a bunch and now I am waiting for the "Are you new?" response I would sure as heck give me LOL.

On a COMPLETELY unrelated note ... ahem AKAGORILLA ... Greg ... I am not new. Just need to give my head a shake

Finally, did some digging for a third site to find some products for a particular story, found a merchant, found their affiliate program, applied, got approved, made a couple of custom links directly to the product page and when testing the links, saw the products were discontinued. Something I would have seen had I taken a moment to read the product page instead of going goo goo over seeing what I had been looking for.

Soooo ... anyone else up for a caffeine run?
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

2. Thanks From:

I wish I could blame a long layoff for my dumb little mistakes! A day wouldn't be complete..

.. as I sit here sipping a nice strong coffee

More important, welcome back to the wonderful wacky & frustrating world of affiliate marketing!

Thanks!
    With the morning I had the caffeine run turned quickly from coffee to a monster energy drink.
    Bad for you, but so far I have made several new pages, tweaked a database, walked the dog and am now doing laps around my computer.
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

5. Thanks From:

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread