Hottest Affiliate Products ?
    Hi friends,

How do you find the hottest affiliate products being offered for sale?

I know of clickbank but what other sources can you use to find the "hottest selling products that pay a commission?

-ebay
    (research tools- although many of these don't pay a commission, its a good way to determine what is selling)
    -craigslist?
    -Amazon?

...just guess here as i really know "squat" about affiliate marketing. Thanks so much for your constructive input.

~T

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    The hottest products are ones you successfully market - not necessarily what is "trendy"...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

3. Thanks From:

Successful affiliate marketing is about what you know you can promote well.. not what others are doing, or what's "hot".

The goal is to find opportunities in specific niches, not try to replicate what everyone else is doing.

Plus, if it really does sell well, no affiliate is going to share that info.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks buds,

1. i am not asking for any affiliate to share info that would take money out of their pocket.
    2. I AM asking for a tip on where to find the hottest selling products so that i can determine which item(s) i want to promote.

thansk again
    ..can Anyone direct me on how to find this info?

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tcw7 View Post
    1. i am not asking for any affiliate to share info that would take money out of their pocket.
    2. I AM asking for a tip on where to find the hottest selling products so that i can determine which item(s) i want to promote.
    Pick ANY product...ANY - and someone is making money on it. There is NO list. It's different for every affiliate. Therefore:

#2 will have a cause and effect, ie: #1
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

What Convergence said...

I wasn't suggesting you were looking for affiliates to share, I was just pointing out that you may never know what the highest converting products are (it's not about sales, it's about highest conversion).

As an example, there were affiliates who promoted the Twilight series before the movies came out.. they did VERY well when it exploded in popularity as they were an authoritative topic. Those who entered too late made very little.

If you want to promote movies & pop culture, watch for new releases and try to guess - seasonal is always easy to predict (snow sports in winter, camping in summer). Travel is cyclical, and if you want to promote electronics, watch Amazon for big sellers (again, keeping in mind it might be too late by the time it's hot).

Niche marketing can be VERY specific.. and profitable. I'm always reminded of Homer Simpson & the business hammocks..
    Simpsons hammocks - YouTube

In affiliate marketing, you have a much better chance of success if you stick with what you know well, that's all I was trying to say..

Affiliate Manager Kush@VMInnovations's Avatar
    Many online retailers will have a list of best selling products (sometimes ranked from #1 - #100) right on their sites. Pick a category of interest and checkout those products.

Hope that helps.

10. Thanks From:

You can check out Google trends:
    Google Trends - Hot Searches
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Have you bothered to ask an AM or OPM?

It always amazes me how newbie affiliates run around in circles for years trying to figure out what to do or how to get started. They either don't bother to form relationships and actually talk to the people running the program. Or they do then don't implement.

13. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Have you bothered to ask an AM or OPM?

It always amazes me how newbie affiliates run around in circles for years trying to figure out what to do or how to get started. They either don't bother to form relationships and actually talk to the people running the program. Or they do then don't implement.
    Ok Chuck. Let me see if i can guess this.

AM- Affiliate Manger
    OPM- ? ? ?

dayum....missed the second one.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    OPM - Outsourced Program Manager - Affiliate Manager on steroids. We manage multiple programs. Have a directory of them here: Outsourced Program Managers - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum Figure there are over 50 OPMs in the business.

If you contacted me I would direct you to the posts about Marie Osmond in my forum. Let me just say that we did in 2.5 days the same amount of sales as we did in 15 days in June or July. That's a hot tip and happy to share details with you either on my forum or via email.

Outsourced Program Manager
    Hey there!

If I can throw in my $0.02, I think you are going about it backwards. It's not just you, I've seen it hundreds of times with people getting into affiliate marketing, and I know I was in this thought process in the early days, too.

Right now you're asking for what is selling so you can just try to jump on it. That can work... I'm sure most of us here have made a lot of money doing that.

So, let's say you're looking at merchants and you find one that sells gunsmithing parts. You see them selling really well and start trying to sell their most poplar products. You could probably have some success like this.

But do you know what would probably make you more successful?

It's finding that hungry crowd and then giving them the help/product/service they need. So instead of seeing the gunsmithing products selling and just trying push those, you look deeper.

Why are those products selling?

Who is buying those products?

Where are they in their life/situation/etc?

Once you look at that stuff, you can see that you have tapped into a resource that can keep you earning commissions for a long time. Rather than trying to jump on the next hot product and setting up sites specific to those products, you can tap into this hungry crowd and sell them all kinds of different products that complement each other.

I know many people that have built multi million dollar affiliate empires doing this. It will take a little more effort in the beginning, but it will work out better in the long run.

I hope that helps!

Affiliate Manager
    I agree with Kush and MDavis. It isn't that difficult to find what is selling well if you know which industry you want to promote. A good retailer's website will allow customers to sort by bestselling, but what you do with that info is what will make you stand apart. One of our best publishers has done this and has some amazing content on her site so that people come and watch videos and read articles related to the problems that these products solve.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread