All Home Depot links broken?
    I'm getting a generic error page on Home Depot for all affiliate links in their feed. This has been going on for AT LEAST 7 days now. Just loaded todays feed, and still the same story.

2. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    WOW - They totally jacked up their feed...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Oh you two are the bringers of super sunny news :-). First the no unique identifiers in Best Buy's feed, now Home Depot going to a bogus "we are doing maintenance" page.

What's next? Maybe Wal-mart can juggle it's UPC codes around or Target can start selling assault rifles? Ha Ha, get it, "target", "assault rifle"...

Anyway, thanks for the info, it explains a few things. Prosperent, assume you are doing enough volume across the board that you can notice dips on a single merchant? Do you automate this or did you notice the dip manually?

5. Thanks From:

It's difficult to even notice in an automated way. Even with the volume we have, Google shifts traffic around so often that it's hard to catch datafeed changes versus serp shifts. In this case, we had a sub affiliate report it.

7. Thanks From:

In our case one of our alerts was not active - supposed to get an email if a feed changes by 10% - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I say this because they also jacked up their categories by changing their delimiter from > to a comma so nothing has been importing for them...

Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff View Post
    Oh you two are the bringers of super sunny news
    Here's some more:

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/rakut...in-169571.html

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    In our case one of our alerts was not active - supposed to get an email if a feed changes by 10% - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I say this because they also jacked up their categories by changing their delimiter from > to a comma so nothing has been importing for them...
    Interesting, I don't do that kindof alert thing. It is a good idea, would probably spot some bugs that I just "let go". For instance, I've never looked for "oscillating SKU's" where a merchant changes all the SKU's with each datafeed update. Have you ever seen this happen? I haven't, but have worried that someone idiot might do it.

As far as taxonomy paths, I need to do a better job of dealing with each vendor's paths. I'm currently doing this, no matter what vendor. This leads to some wierdness:

string[] parts = secondaryCategory.Split(new string[] { ">", "~~", "", "->", ">>", ">", "/", "\\", "|", ";", ":", ",", "~" }, StringSplitOptions.RemoveEmptyEntries);

Oh, I just thought of a taxonomy path algorithm... Do you think this would work?

Parse the first xxx taxonomy strings and count/track the non alpha-numeric character sequences. The sequence with the highest count will be your separator string. (assuming you html decode it first)

Interesting, I don't do that kindof alert thing. It is a good idea, would probably spot some bugs that I just "let go". For instance, I've never looked for "oscillating SKU's" where a merchant changes all the SKU's with each datafeed update. Have you ever seen this happen? I haven't, but have worried that someone idiot might do it.
    I haven't seen a merchant do that. I have seen them remove SKUs from their website and/or feed though.

Oh, I just thought of a taxonomy path algorithm... Do you think this would work?

Parse the first xxx taxonomy strings and count/track the non alpha-numeric character sequences. The sequence with the highest count will be your separator string. (assuming you html decode it first)
    LOL - maybe Brian/Prosperent can chime in - not a big enough geek to confirm / deny your taxonomy string. Sorry.

That could work. You would need to test it to see if you get any false positives. I guess it all depends on how you store things on your end. For us, we can just parse out pretty much anything from a feed that isn't a-z or 0-9.

On a side note, contacted the team at HD and let them know about the issue. I hear they are typically pretty fast acting over there.

Sent HD an email as well this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by Prosperent View Post
    That could work. You would need to test it to see if you get any false positives.
    Yeah, exactly. I'd run it through my whole feed list and spit out the answer along with a sample for each file.

Got a reply from HD this afternoon:

Thank you for your inquiry. We are aware of the errors on the feed and appreciate you reaching out. This should be resolved by the end of the day. We are testing in the morning to ensure the fix is in place.

17. Thanks From:

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread