Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Tech Takes Over at Top of List of Most Valuable Brands
    After more than a decade as the world's most valuable brand name, Coca-Cola has dropped to number three. The new top dog is.....

Apple, followed at number two by .... Google.

IBM and Microsoft are four and five, with GE, McDonald's, Samsung, Intel and Toyota filling out the top ten.

The top 40 list is here.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

2. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Does that mean we have to watch lameassed Google commercials on the Super Bowl?

4. Thanks From:

I don't buy that list, I guess Apple is buying its spot.

This is the second list I see able as # 1, another list was released earlier last week moved Coca Cola from #1 to # 2 ( google was not even in top 10 ), nor Microsoft.

For a company to be the world top brand, its product need to be accessible to people ( and it is not the case with Apple nor Google everywhere, there are nations that don't have access to the internet (so i am pretty sure they didn't buy an apple) nor googled it. Yet, they can always see Coca Cola because it is there.

Next time, I will sponsor one of these so called "lists", and don't be shocked to hear that my company is the world # 1 Brand loooooooool.

Quote Originally Posted by OneGoodMan View Post
    I don't buy that list, I guess Apple is buying its spot.

This is the second list I see able as # 1, another list was released earlier last week moved Coca Cola from #1 to # 2 ( google was not even in top 10 ), nor Microsoft.

For a company to be the world top brand, its product need to be accessible to people ( and it is not the case with Apple nor Google everywhere, there are nations that don't have access to the internet (so i am pretty sure they didn't buy an apple) nor googled it. Yet, they can always see Coca Cola because it is there.

Next time, I will sponsor one of these so called "lists", and don't be shocked to hear that my company is the world # 1 Brand loooooooool.
    OneGoodMan, I agree in being leary and wary of ranking sites, but lets consider, since 2011 iPhone phones, alone, are available in 29 countries.

Now, when you think of the total amount of countries, doesn't seem like much, but "worldwide" in effect reflects those that can afford. And in this case, those that can't afford, can look at those that can affords', devices, thus expanding the global reach of the brand.

Honestly, I am surprised a brick and mortar stood that long, but Coca Cola makes sense because it is a consumable and who is to say that they didn't buy their ranking since they have been ranking companies.

Just a thought.

Oh, and I would expected Google at number 1. Their reach can not be fathomed by the human mind, trust me, I have college classmates that work there and it is "quite the culture".
    [COLOR="DarkGreen"]The RIGHT Voice Can Increase Your Conversion Rates Up to 35%![/COLOR]
    [COLOR="DimGray"]Fentriss O. Moore - Professional Voice Talent[/COLOR]
    [URL="http://www.soundcloud.com/moorevoices"]Audio Work Reel[/URL] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/MooreVoices?feature=mhee"]Video Work Reel[/URL]

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread