Help me please
    I had someone that I have used for years doing some work on my website over the weekend. He was working on my footers. Somehow he keep saving a page with old data on it that apparently was on his computer. I caught it Saturday and was able to restore the page to what it was Friday. Yesterday he did it again but this time I can't restore it to what I had on Sunday.

Any one know how to restore it back to Friday?
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Ouch.

Not without a backup locally or from the server's backup files. If you have a dedicated server hopefully you have daily AND weekly backups. If it's a shared server perhaps contacting the hosting company for a rollback.

Keep in mind that restoring on a server restores the entire account/domain, not just pages...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

3. Thanks From:

Apparently this happened on two of my sites even though he was working on just one. I did not catch the second one until this morning. My host was able to back up the first one to Sunday.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

There is something called the Wayback machine - Internet Archive: Wayback Machine. I have been able to go back to my page on Friday and copy the source code. Looks like this may solve the problem.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

If you don't make a backup yourself then your host is the only alternative for a solution. I recently moved to a new host and made sure they do backups daily...just in case.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boningroup View Post
    There is something called the Wayback machine - Internet Archive: Wayback Machine. I have been able to go back to my page on Friday and copy the source code. Looks like this may solve the problem.
    Good idea - guess also any search engine that has a cache should work as well...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread