Entertainment.com Reversals?
    Did anyone else have every single Entertainment purchase from 2013 reversed out of the blue last night? I pulled them from my site after they filed for bankruptcy and didn't promote them at all after that. I don't think we ever even received any information about the bankruptcy through the affiliate channel. And from what I understood, the company was bought out.

Was Entertainment so far behind on paying CJ that CJ went back and reversed everything for 6 months that they were not paid on? If so, why did CJ let them get that far behind?

Is it all just some big mistake and the money is going to magically reappear in my account today? (I hope!!)
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Wow, sorry to hear that helpingmoms.
    We didn't promote them, but had a very close call on another network that finally did pay off after 6 months. Was a nice piece of change too.
    Really have to watch them closely anymore.
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

Yes, same here. Stink pots. My sales were all in Jan and Feb, but they were reversed yesterday.

I just sent an email to my CJ Rep to see if he can provide any information.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    So you were paid for those Jan and Feb, right? I mean they are not putting a debit against your account are they?

They debited my account for every single sale I had back to last November. Which I don't understand. Was CJ not being paid for 7 months before they finally shut down the program? Or did CJ get paid but they are taking the money back from the affiliates pending the Entertainment bankruptcy? Bankruptcy wasn't even filed for until sometime in March (and I don't think affiliates were ever notified--I found out on my own).

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Sounds like a crock to me. As a lawyer what can be done?

Unfortunately, we are at their mercy. CJ is "investigating" why sales were reversed back through November. My guess is that they let them run November, December, January, February on "credit" because they invoice after the fact (unlike ShareASale). The invoices for those months were outstanding when Entertainment filed for Bankruptcy back in March. So all assets were frozen. CJ (and thus the affiliates) are now just an unsecured creditor in the bankruptcy, which means we'll get pennies on the dollar if anything at all.

I assumed I was fine because I pulled them from my sites when I got wind of the bankruptcy. But they were too far behind on their invoices. The same thing has happened in the past with companies like Linens and Things. Hopefully CJ will either convince the new owners to pay the back fees or risk never having an affiliate program again (which would probably be an idle threat) or get at least something out of the bankruptcy.

What do we learn from this? 1) If possible, work with merchants on networks that require the merchants to pay up front or within 30 days, 2) if you get wind that a merchant might be in trouble financially, evaluate whether it is worth the risk of keeping them on your site in the event that if they file for BK, you will get nothing for all of the past sales.

Quick update--it looks like the sales for November were credited back. So it's now everything from December forward that was revoked.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    They just showed up on CJ as a "New Merchant"...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

11. Thanks From:

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread