Question No Referring Domain, is this hurting my commissions?
    Hey everyone, last time I had an affiliate marketing issue I was able to come here and get some great help. Here I go again, maybe someone can help me here. Thanks in advance.

Recently, I noticed a huge drop in my commissions after I recovered from a hacker attack in July/August. They actually hacked me in April and my site was not backed up that far. After restoring it from scratch, I have seen a large decrease in my commissions about 60-70%. However, my traffic and clicks are up over 100%. Clicks are better than ever. Just my clicks are not converting, as they were before. Or are they? I noticed in my Impact Radius account, my reports have seen a huge increase in "No Referring Domain" so far this month (October) I had 2 converted sales (were from a referring URL). 328 Clicks, out of that 292 came from "No Referring Domain". So I had 2 sales out of 36 clicks that were referred from my domain. So at that rate I should have had possibly 20 conversions or so. Also I have never seen a sale converted on a "NO Referring Domain", just empty non converting clicks. Now do you guys think I am losing sales from the no referring domain? Or what could be causing the drop. I use WordPress, with Prettylink pro as my affiliate links, (so they look nicer and more pleasing to the eye, I use meta refresh with a no-follow tag) could the Prettylink Pro be causing the problem? Could the Meta-Refresh or No-Follow be a problem as well?

I looked back in the reports and found the Clicks to No Referring Domain was not as bad as it is today and my conversions were much better. As well I did use pretty link pro then. This is not something new, I added. I did a search for NO Referring Domain with affiliate marketing and could not find anything on the subject. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Linkrewards; October 4th, 2013 at 02:36 AM. Reason: add line

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Probably best if a mod moves this to Impact Radius' forum as it sounds specific to them...

I suspect being on WP you are getting bad bots triggering the clicks. Have you tested some links?
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

3. Thanks From:

I am not sure if this is just specific for impact radius or not, as they are the only company that lets you see the referring domain in reports, All of my networks have declined in sales as well. I have a wordpress plugin that sees the bot traffic, it does not seem more than normal. You mean tested them in what way? See if they are working? Yes they are, they have the right parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkrewards View Post
    I looked back in the reports and found the Clicks to No Referring Domain was not as bad as it is today and my conversions were much better. As well I did use pretty link pro then. This is not something new,
    Welcome to reality. I don't know many who can say their conversions haven't dropped in the last 60 days...

I am fairly new to this. Only have been doing this for a year now and I was dabbling in it for the earlier part of the year. But then I did less work and the conversions and commissions were far better. So you are probably saying this is normal for everyone and we are all taking a hit. I was just curious if something was wrong. But I guess because I have been getting some sales, the system is working. Yet it has been very slow for the last 60 days. Thanks

2014 will be my 16th year doing this. Every couple of years there is a new wrinkle to iron out - another hurdle to get over.

Numbers don't lie - if you don't have a stat/analytics program, that isn't controlled by a search engine, would consider you setting one up and start studying the numbers. Know where your traffic is coming from and why. Know who your traffic is, etc...

8. Thanks From:

Thank you for this post. It was very informative. I have a question about copyright on a title of a book and a website. I've been planning on naming my website a certain name for some time now and only just realized there is a cookbook with that same name.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread