Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    Seeing Less Merchants?
    Is it just me or do you see it as well?
    Since Rakuten took over popshops I am seeing a lot less merchants there? I know sellfire has increased in merchants in the last month but popshops seems th have decreased by quite a few?

2. Thanks From:

Vendor
    We are continually adding merchants across all the major networks. Let us know if there are any missing that you'd like to work with and we will definitely work to integrate with them.

The only ones that I have seen leave are ones that have also closed their programs (starting to become a daily thing), in fact I seen a lot of merchants being added in the last month. But this is just based on my area(s) of interest.

Also I have noticed that their support has improved, The only issue I had was a total outage last Saturday for around 20 minutes or so.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Nothing to do with the datafeed software, I've been seeing a lot of merchants being removed or removing themselves from CJ.

I haven't been at this long enough to know if this is normal.

The constant e-mails every time they are deactivated b/c they don't have enough funds is annoying. I've already talked to CJ about this b/c we shouldn't get those notices if we aren't even active (just pending) with the merchant, but anyway, that's another issue altogether.

My complaint is that if a merchant keeps dropping their funds let's say 4 times in a row (that's an entire month straight), I think they should be warned they will be dropped.

If a company can't afford to keep money in the pot, why would an affiliate even want them?

I can understand if it happens by mistake once in a blue moon, but I see it all the time.

Michelle

I am seeing the complete opposite... We are finding a lack of affiliates... We are a software company that manufactures PC Optimization Software that pays out a 75% to 90% commission based on your volume. Software sales are a multi-billion a year industry.

pete
    Last edited by BoostSales; October 23rd, 2013 at 10:35 AM. Reason: KSE didn't like the link to our thread

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Pete, are you in PopShops?
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Quote Originally Posted by BoostSales View Post
    I am seeing the complete opposite... We are finding a lack of affiliates... We are a software company that manufactures PC Optimization Software that pays out a 75% to 90% commission based on your volume. Software sales are a multi-billion a year industry.

If you would like more information, check out our thread: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/merch...am-166216.html

pete
    So what does this post have to do with this thread??? If your going to SPAM ABW please do in a thread that is related to your SPAM!!!
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

So sorry KSE,

Didn't know that I couldn't link to a thread in the forum.

It is a know fact that affiliates are dying and media networks are buying up all the traffic.

pete

... It is a know fact that affiliates are dying and media networks are buying up all the traffic.
    Known by whom? Have you been to an Affiliate Summit lately?
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

So sorry KSE,

Didn't know that I couldn't link to a thread in the forum.

It is a know fact that affiliates are dying and media networks are buying up all the traffic.

pete
    This thread is about merchants leaving Popshops (or less merchants on PopShops) either way you post in totally off topic and has nothing to do with Popshops.

Hi Beachy,

I have been going for the last 10 years or so. In my option, yes, the number of "seasoned" affiliates has dropped. There will always be newbie's that are buying "systems" to make $10,000 per day... The problem is that they get scammed and never return...

It's sites like ABW that drive new affiliates into the markets and it's affiliate managers that have to take the time to teach them along with the members of ABW.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    This thread is about merchants leaving Popshops (or less merchants on PopShops) either way you post in totally off topic and has nothing to do with Popshops.
    kse,

Yes, I did hijack this thread, not on purpose, I am sorry for that. But sometimes the best conversations are started from off topics.

I will start a new thread on affiliates and see what we can get started.

Thank you!

pete

14. Thanks From:
    kse

Back on topic...
    I know of two new additions to PopShops since yesterday. 1) Liz Gazer added HourglassAngel yesterday (already in SellFire) and 2) Jill and I decided to add our new Business Checks program and just (two hours ago) "approved" them into the program so they can pull our feed (we, too, are already in SellFire). So both HA and BC should be "live" this week in PopShops.

So, as noted above by kse and affiliateresearch, businesses closing and starting up is an ongoing cycle - it's sort of like Hakuna Matata or, more to the point, The Circle of Life from The Lion King. Or in business-speak, CHURN.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

16. Thanks From:

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread