Usually we all complain about a merchant that we've applied to taking eons to approve us. Today, I have the opposite.

I just received an email from a merchant on CJ thanking us for joining their affiliate program. The confusing part is that we never asked to join this particular merchant and never would. It's a UK merchant that only delivers to addresses in the UK and we only cater to US visitors.

Can merchants just add themselves to your account without you applying to them? Is this something new? This has never happened before so I'm totally confused. I don't want to be added by a merchant if I don't personally ask for it.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

I can tell you I get deactivations from time to time by merchants I never joined, never saw in my list, and never even heard of in most cases...but sure enough theres a notice in my email and when I check its not one of mine - worst part is it wont go away from the deactivation list even after trying to drop it for a long time, just wierd.

Chalk it up to a fluke and drop the merchant- maybe send a polite never heard of you no thanks but, if you don't want them dump em.

I sent the merchant an email and received a response. Seems we applied a long time ago and they rejected us and now they've decided to approve prior rejects. Must have been a really long time ago because I don't remember them.

Anyway, mystery solved.

ABW Ambassador
    Linda, by coincidence, I recently applied for a UK merchant for a UK page I have made.

Maybe the wires got crossed and you received my acceptance e-mail.

Which merchant was it?

I had a sale once show up in my reports for a merchant I've never been affiliated with. The sale then disappeared a couple of days later.

Hmmm..

Hi Linda & Kelly626!!

I can tell you that I constantly review publishers that I rejected in the past. I usually don't reject publishers but in certain instances I do. Occassionally I'll see that a publisher has reworked their strategy, and instead of the get rich quick stuff, I see that they are building sites. I go ahead an reactive them which prompts CJ to send out the welcome e-mail. For the record though, merchant's cannot simply browse the CJ network and add publishers. We have no way of seeing who is in the CJ network unless a publisher actually signs up with our program. If you ever get such an e-mail, you can be sure that at some point in the past you signed up with the merchant and they rejected your application.

Cool?

Akiva Bergstrom
    Business Development
    akiva@essentialapparel.com
    800-556-2937 ext 751
    www.essentialapparel.com
    6% PER SALE ~ RECURRING COMMISSIONS FOR 1 YEAR ~ ABW MEMBERS CONVERT AT LESS THAN 1/30 ~ DEDICATED AM WHO'LL DO ALMOST ANYTHING ~ TONS OF CASH WAITING TO BE TAKEN! ~ PARASITE FREE ~ PRIVATE FORUM AT ABW
    Join our program through CJ now!

ABW Ambassador
    You're awesome Akiva!

I'm sure most merchants don't keep tabs of their rejected affiliates (alot don't even care about their accepted ones).

Smart merchants like yourself will thrive.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread