Thumbs up Google Hummingbird & What Keyword Analysis Doesn't Fill
    I just read a helpful SEO article with a long title: "What '(Not Provided)' & Google Hummingbird Mean for Small Business SEO." The points covered in the article are applicable to the affiliate. It is not as important now to rank on branded terms.

Topics in this article include:
    • Breadth of a Website Matters to Hummingbird
    • Replace Non-Branded Keyword Traffic with Entrance Pages
    • How to Grow Website Entrances Pages
    • Measuring Keyword Traffic Was Wrong Anyway

My favorite tip is:
    It is now critically important that the website answers questions for end users.

Yes, content is still king. In fact, content that answers specific questions may be critical for Hummingbird success.
    Source: What '(Not Provided)' & Google Hummingbird Mean for Small Business SEO - Search Engine Watch (#SEW)
    What '(Not Provided)' & Google Hummingbird Mean for Small Business SEO - Search Engine Watch (#SEW)
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Rhia, really interesting read. I'm fairly new to SEO and currently still working on building traffic to a new site. The changes in the article appear to be good news for me at first glance, it looks like I don't have to compete head on with larger more established sites purely at a keyword level?

Cheer
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Walshie View Post
    Thanks Rhia, really interesting read. I'm fairly new to SEO and currently still working on building traffic to a new site. The changes in the article appear to be good news for me at first glance, it looks like I don't have to compete head on with larger more established sites purely at a keyword level?
    I think the answer might be here:
    Whereas small businesses used to obsess over the rankings of their top money keywords, Google's new Hummingbird algorithm implies their focus needs to be elsewhere.
    What '(Not Provided)' & Google Hummingbird Mean for Small Business SEO - Search Engine Watch (#SEW)
    Let's pretend an affiliate is promoting automobile tires on a website.
    Such an affiliate who wanted to rank for Michelin tires might have used that in copy numerous times and might have tried other ways to get the "Michelin" to rank. Now it seems better to focus on aspects of tires themselves: what to look for in tires etc..
    Once you create a web page with "value" (i.e. useful info, entertainment, etc... something that draws the viewer to your site) then you can list a brand name but there is no need to cram the keywords to get the rankings.
    The affiliate doesn't have to cram brand tradenames into the page -- my interpretation. I am not a pro SEO.

People used to "create web pages for search bots" and now the focus is to create sites for people not bots.

I think this page gives good advice:
    Awesome Frickin' Content - Search Engine Watch (#SEW)
    Last edited by Rhia7; October 8th, 2013 at 09:49 AM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

5. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    One should take this literally:

It is now critically important that the website answers questions for end users.

Yes, content is still king. In fact, content that answers specific questions may be critical for Hummingbird success.
    Why? Because as I said BEFORE Hummingbird came out:

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post

6. It's all about mobile devices.
    Think Apple Siri - when users speak a query, it's in a form of a question. Often very different than how people search from a desktop/laptop.

Trick is to know what questions will be asked, how they will be asked, and what "answers" to have on your website...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

7. Thanks From:

8. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread