How Can Top Merchant Have No Sales?
    Last month, for the first 2 weeks, I noticed a LS merchant that I always had sales with all of a sudden, have no sales for the first 2 weeks. I wrote the AM, sent stats for this year, but basically got a "I don't see a problem" email. But then, sales started appearing.

This month, same thing happening with another LS merchant, again, one of my top performers. I wrote the AM, he said he made a test purchase and my link tracked. However, still no sales.

The other merchant is continuing to show normal sale activity.

I'm trying not to freak, but can anyone give me a clue how a merchant who has consistently had sales throughout the year all of a sudden have NO sales? This is NOT a slow time of year for these merchants.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Use to happen to me with Bare Necessities on LS from time to time, I would get daily sales and then I would go a month or two with 0 sales and once I notice that lack of sale I would send of an email and sale would start tracking again. I naming the merchant but it may be a network issue and not the merchant. I no longer work with them anyway..........
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

3. Thanks From:

OK, will contact the network, but finding out the real issue is probably not going to happen.
    Renée

In 10+ years working with LinkShare I have never had any faith in their tracking system.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Had a merchant that updated their shopping cart twice a year, wiping out the pixel. Before I would see it on daily reports my top affiliates would contact me. Generally took a few days to get it back on then I would estimate the lost commissions, bill the client and pay the affiliates.

It does amaze me that networks don't monitor their traffic and sales, since hell they are paid for sales. Its a major pain in the ass to monitor everything and clocking out at 5:00 and back to work at 8:00 could mean $1000's in lost sales this time of year.

7. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    this is the reason LS are on the bottom of my list of networks to use, from my experience their tracking is a joke and will never change unless they build a complete new system instead of patching up a shoddy infrastructure created in the pioneer days of affiliate marketing.

Their links alone are ugly and are used as a basic starting point for all the evil toolbars.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

I can't seem to see the logic behind that, must have been an error with their tracking system. You might want to change into other sites with that incident.

As these were my 2 top performing merchants, first no sales one month until I reported it, then the other, next month, again no sales until I reported it...I can't just write this off to bad LS tracking. If this happened periodically with these, I would check for updated cart, etc.

I truly don't know what to think but IMO, more than coincidence. Have to leave it as one of the mysteries of aff marketing that will never see the light.
    Renée

I had a merchant that was in LS...I inherited the program. I had similar issues. It is frustrating for the merchant as well. I lost some great affiliates. Need less to say, the program is no longer on LS
    Stephanie Robbins
    Robbins interactive

12. Thanks From:
    kse

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread