Shoprunner - clarification re: affiliate cookie
    If I send traffic to a merchant who offers Shoprunner.. and that visitor signs up for the Shoprunner service (to receive 2-day free shipping)... is my cookie still in place..?

The way I see it, the sale should still be credited to my site.

Just asking as I'm not familiar with Shoprunner - does anyone know if they are also an affiliate of the stores they support?

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    While not confirmed, I always assumed the sale would NOT be credited to the affiliate as Shoprunner, IMhO, would be considered a different marketing channel...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

3. Thanks From:

So MY site drives the visitor, who then makes a purchase... and yet I don't get the sale?

What happened to the concept of affiliate marketing..?

If what you're saying is true, Shoprunner has successfully positioned itself to overwrite EVERY affiliate cookie for merchants they have relationships with. That's a very extensive list... and they even have an affiliate program themselves (what, so we help them grow their user base, and hand over more of our commissions?).

Nice leak.

5. Thanks From:

Increasingly, small affs are being forced to drive free traffic to merchants. Merchants/networks are becoming secure knowing that there are totally legal workarounds so they can reward what they consider more promising marketing channels.

The list of stores ShopRunner affiliates with: www. shoprunner. com/stores/ (didn't want to live link).
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

7. Thanks From:

I guess they are stealing your (and other affiliates) commissions just like Ebates, Mcafee, etc.....
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

9. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Shoprunner is hijacking all other affiliates' commission by adding the free shipping offer on merchants' sites. (As stated on their site: "We have partnered with the biggest and best retailers so you can continue to shop your favorite stores online. On participating retailer sites, you will see the ShopRunner logo displayed next to all eligible items.")

The problem is with the participate merchants who allow one of their affiliates to place its logo on merchants' sites. Does this even a fair practice? What if more affiliates ask for putting their logos on merchants' sites offering %off, cashback...How could a merchant give preference to one affiliate over the others?

The participate merchants are helping Shoprunner stealing from other affiliates. I'm tired of making blacklist on these clueless/shady merchants!

11. Thanks From:

This needs some further discussion.. I am livid right now.

I would be interested to hear what affiliate managers thinks about this so-called "marketing channel".. is it considered part of their mandate..? And is the assumption here correct, ie. the affiliate's hard-earned commission is credited to Shoprunner.

If so, I have to ask what happened to the concept of rewarding customer acquisition..? Without MY traffic, there is NO sale.

Publishers are fast becoming a laughing stock - suckers who work for free.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    For programs that I manage if there are leaks we have them suppressed for affiliates.
    • Toll free numbers on the top of every page.
    • Pop-up Live chat.
    • Other marketing channels

It seems that any affiliate network that does not honor "First Click" should be avoided by all of us ??
    Quote Originally Posted by JoyUnltd View Post
    Increasingly, small affs are being forced to drive free traffic to merchants. Merchants/networks are becoming secure knowing that there are totally legal workarounds so they can reward what they consider more promising marketing channels.

The list of stores ShopRunner affiliates with: www. shoprunner. com/stores/ (didn't want to live link).

drugstore.com is partnered with ShopRunner, but someone using their service at checkout does not overwrite the cookie. On top of the shipping partnership, we do have an "affiliate" relationship with them, but it's treated the same as all others and on a last-click basis.

I can't speak for other merchants in how their relationship is setup, though.
    [SIZE="2"][COLOR="DimGray"][B]Online Marketing Manager[/B] (tom.featherstone at surlatable dot com)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]Sur La Table - The Art and Soul of Cooking[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Would "Last Click" not mean that ShopRunner gets the sale ??

Quote Originally Posted by savalot View Post
    Would "Last Click" not mean that ShopRunner gets the sale ??
    In our case, "last click" applies only when someone clicks through the ShopRunner site itself. So if a customer does click through the link on ShopRunner's site and then checks out, then yes, they get the sale. It's treated just like any other channel/partner relationship at that point.

The vast majority of users are simply entering in their ShopRunner information in on our site, which does not overwrite any cookie. We treat that scenario completely different. In fact, if you were to browse any number of the major deal forums, you would see many contributors telling people to use ShopRunner and will list out where to get the best cash back or how to stack it with another marketing channel's offer..
    [SIZE="2"][COLOR="DimGray"][B]Online Marketing Manager[/B] (tom.featherstone at surlatable dot com)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]Sur La Table - The Art and Soul of Cooking[/COLOR][/SIZE]

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Tom, That sounds fair ! Most of the coupon type sites require the customer to click on their site in order to get the discount code- - first click is overwritten by the last click !

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread