Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music Box Attic on ShareASale

Smile Music Box Attic on ShareASale
    Music Box Attic has been working with Greg Hoffman Consulting since March 2012. We took their stagnant program on Pepperjam and relaunched on ShareASale. Sales have skyrocketed since then.

We carry the most popular lines from Reuge, Le Ore, MDS Prestige, Symphony, and other hand made Italian boxes.

December will obviously be our best month but even in the slow summer months we set sales records. Current stats look like this:

7-Day EPC - $91
    7-Day Conversion - 6%
    Avg Sale - $121

Holiday conversion will easily hit 10% and average orders will increase by about $20.

Music Box Attic pays 10%+ per sale. VIP commissions for gift traffic is available. We also have aggressive activation promotions.

Join the Music Box Attic affiliate program on ShareASale.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

2. Thanks From:

We finally have a place to use a larger variety of merchants and this seems like it fits in nicely. Also seeing Music Box Attic in PopShops - we just signed up.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

4. Thanks From:

Dang, that was quick. Thank you. But, then again, that's what affiliates can expect from GHC - service and attentiveness!

(...now, let's see how long it takes us to get the product feed online...)

@3:25 - Done. Two banners and the PopShops feed are displayed on three different sites (with a couple more to come over the weekend.
    Last edited by Bill; October 18th, 2013 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Added a follow-up comment...
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

This is the music box I have on my desk. MANLY!

Take me out to the ballgame

Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.

7. Thanks From:

Need some ideas of great St Patricks Day products to promote, start here with Music Box Attic. Plus, promote the extra 10% savings off the sale prices of these beautiful music boxes. If you aren't signed up with Music Box Attic, get signed up today.

Greg Hoffman

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    Coupons galore listed for this month. Easter and Mothers Day are the perfect times to buy a music box for mom or your girlfriend. Also, don't forget to promote the Ultra Sleek Pearl White jewelry box that is 50% off their sale price till the end of the month. A lot of these sold at Christmas for twice the price. Links are in ShareASale.
    Cindy Ballard, VP of Operations, Greg Hoffman Consulting
    Follow Me on Twitter @cingroomer
    My blog, www.oldfartlife.com

ABW Ambassador
    Are you still managing the Music Box Attic program? If so, there seems to be a problem with the image urls in the datafeed. Best as I can tell they are all missing/broken.

We're still managing them, yep! And apologies for the broken images. We'll be in touch with them ASAP and get the feed straightened out. I'll post back here when it's fixed up
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

12. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Daniel!

ABW Ambassador
    Any news on when the datafeed image problem will be fixed? It's making for some ugly webpages with all the images missing.

15. Thanks From:

Good news/bad news update. Good news, the merchant got back to me this morning, after I sent him another email yesterday. Good news, he knows that the problem is and is investigating a fix. Bad news, it involves a third party that generated the feed for him, and hosts his feed images, so it's not fixed yet and I can't promise it'll be super soon. I hope it'll be taken care of tomorrow. More realistically, it could be another couple of days. I hope you'll stick with us, and I sincerely apologize again for the error in the feed.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

17. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Daniel for letting me know the merchant is working to resolve the problem.

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry to be a pest but any news on this? It's the time of year to be setting new products up for the holiday season. Hard to make a sale when no image is available.

No news. It could be days, weeks or months. We don't know. But when it's fixed, we will let you know.
    Greg Hoffman

21. Thanks From:

Fixed. Sorry it took so long.
    Greg Hoffman

23. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Greg for the update. I had a look at the datafeed and the images are back BUT the datafeed is a mess.

For example, for ONE music box item now has 600 listings in the feed. A listing for every music (song) option, then for every note selection. That gets rather spammy.

Just a sample:

Gorgeous Graceful Butterfly with Ribbon Outline Wood Inlay Music Box with 18 Note Tune-Amazing Grace
    Gorgeous Graceful Butterfly with Ribbon Outline Wood Inlay Music Box with 18 Note Tune-Heaven is in Blue Hawaii (Paul Koy) - SWISS
    Gorgeous Graceful Butterfly with Ribbon Outline Wood Inlay Music Box with 18 Note Tune-Here Comes Santa Clause

Gorgeous 30 Note Graceful Butterfly with Ribbon Outline Wood Inlay Music Box with 30 Note Tune-Amazing Grace
    Gorgeous Graceful Butterfly with Ribbon Outline Wood Inlay Music Box with 30 Note Tune-Heaven is in Blue Hawaii (Paul Koy) - SWISS
    Gorgeous Graceful Butterfly with Ribbon Outline Wood Inlay Music Box with 30 Note Tune-Here Comes Santa Clause

So on and so on.

I know you can't do much about it but please let the merchant know this is horrible for affiliates to work with. Just thought I would let you know.

25. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Just a FYI, there are now a staggering 154,938 products listed in the datafeed. The problem is MANY of the products I need aren't even in the datafeed. <sigh>

27. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Plus, all 154,938 products are listed under one sub-category on popshops:

Msic Box Attic (154,938) -->Gifts/Specialty (154,938)-->Collectibles (154,938)

Their feed definitely needs to be better categorized.

29. Thanks From:

The size is actually not a bug, it's a feature. It is huge, yes. Massive. But each variant of the base product can carry different information. For example, pricing. I'm looking at the first three in the merchant feed, and the price is different for one of the three because it's a SWISS variant. With different pricing per-variant, there are opportunities for different kinds of promotions. And all of them carry different SKU numbers.

It is extraordinarily large. And it does mean that an affiliate can't take the feed wholesale and just insert the products into a grid on their site. But while it will require a little more work to parse the feed and pull out what you want to display, the new information that the products carry gives you guys many more things to do.

For example, using the feed, I could build a single page for a single music box with a drop-down list containing all the song options - just like on Music Box Attic's own site. My visitors could choose their song option on my site, see the price, and click through to MBA with their choice already made - all they have to do is click "Buy".

Or I could search the feed and pull out products that only play a certain song. Maybe I just really have a thing for Amazing Grace - now I can display all the products that play it.

Or I could pull out all the SWISS variants and focus on those, because they have higher prices, have limited quantities, and can be promoted heavily as collectables (once they sell out, they're literally gone forever - they are no longer manufactured).

If an affiliate needs less than all that, they could parse the datafeed and pull out just the first instance of a product and build their page from that - there are about 1,500 products, all with some number of variants.

NOW, having said all that...

There are a couple of flaws in the datafeed that I've only just realized. (1) All the product titles contain the name of the song. That is not ideal. The name of the song should be in one of the custom information fields. (2) The URL to the product is the same for each variant. Can't exactly build that custom page with the dropdown like I was talking about if all the URLs are the same - they need parameters. BUT it would probably require a change from the merchant to recognize those parameters and make the right choice in the dropdown. I can't promise that can be changed.

I'll keep working with MBA to make improvements.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

31. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by mayfly View Post
    Plus, all 154,938 products are listed under one sub-category on popshops:

Msic Box Attic (154,938) -->Gifts/Specialty (154,938)-->Collectibles (154,938)

Their feed definitely needs to be better categorized.
    There are two fields for categories in a ShareASale datafeed. These have been filled in with the same values for each product because "Gifts/Specialty" and "Collectibles" is appropriate for each product. We are extremely limited in category choices. ShareASale only gives us 15 Categories and each category has anywhere from one to twenty Subcategories (Sports is the exception, with about 40 or so Subcategories).

Now, there are additional fields that can be used as custom categories, but I do not know if PopShops recognizes them - and even if they do, even merchants with much, much smaller feeds balk at doing line-item categorization because it's a ton of work.

Still, the use of "MerchantCategory" and "MerchantSubcategory" (the two available custom fields) is something we push our clients to give us.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Quote Originally Posted by msladybug View Post
    Just a FYI, there are now a staggering 154,938 products listed in the datafeed. The problem is MANY of the products I need aren't even in the datafeed. <sigh>

Which products? I can nudge MBA to make sure they're included on the next update if you let me know what you need. (Standard "no promises, can't give you a date" caveats apply - sorry).
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

34. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Daniel for your response, much appreciated.

I will try my very best to send you a list of the missing products some time next week. Working on a few projects for the upcoming holiday season right now.

ABW Ambassador
    Daniel - Sorry for the delay. I have taken a closer look and best I can tell, products that fall under the Novelty/Specialty Items are not in the datafeed. There are around 15 sub-categories that fall under that main one. All those missing products is a biggy for me.

Also, it is taking way too much time to work with the current datafeed. The song titles in the product name makes it impossible to pull the feed by keywords. Also, finding garbage like this in the PRODUCT TITLE: "Click here to purchase engraving services-Please provide an engraved plaque and enter message below."

Their datafeed needs serious help.

The datafeed is what it is and it's not going to change. This is what the merchant sent after it was broken for so long and it's not worth the fight at this point. Why?

Because September is our best month of 2015 and the month isn't over yet. Conversion is averaging at 4%. Average order is at $183 and we have more affiliates active with clicks and sales than any other month this year. I've got 54 other active content affiliates not complaining. My days of placating affiliates with 11 clicks a month are over.

If the datafeed doesn't work for you, I'm sorry.
    Greg Hoffman

ABW Ambassador
    I get it's what the merchant sent, little you can do. It doesn't work for me so I will be removing their products.

If the merchant thinks it looks good to have things like the below in the product title, so be it.

"Click here to purchase engraving services-Please provide an engraved plaque and enter message below."

I use PopShops so I have to manually remove those types of comments.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast