Which one is the cheapest Affiliate network for merchants ?
    Hi,

I am new to affiliate marketing. I want to know which one is the cheapest Affiliate network ( considering the overall cost- setup fee, deposit and onging charges) ?

I heard ShareAsale is the one ? Is there any other program which costs cheaper than ShareAsale for a US based merchant ?

Thanks

P.S. Newbie here . Be generous

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    That information isn't publishes so you would have to contact them individually. Start here: Networks and Merchants - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum

Yes, SAS is one of the cheapest to get started with.

cheapest is not always the best for your business but ShareAsale would be a good pick and I hear they are affordable so that may be a good place to start. Just remember if you pick them setup auto-deposit so you can attract some good affiliates to your program.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

I agree with kse,

There are so many networks to choose from. We use a few networks, two big ones and several smaller. You want to cover your audience but not over saturate them. And always pay the same across the board. Nothing drives an affiliate bonkers more than paying different commissions on different platforms!

Just because network one wants $5000 to join, it doesn't mean you pay $5000 to join. You can negotiate the fee's.

pete

5. Thanks From:

Outsourced Program Manager gunner101's Avatar
    While I agree with all above you must remember there are trade offs with each and every affiliate network. Shareasale is inexpensive however in order to attract affiliates you have to buy advertising on the Shareasale site or with Abestweb driving up your costs. Linkshare, Commission Junction, LinkConnector and eBay affiliate networks all have options within the dashboard to find and recruit top performing affiliates. So be sure to weigh all the networks capabilities before making a decision on initial pricing.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostSales View Post
    I agree with kse,

There are so many networks to choose from. We use a few networks, two big ones and several smaller. You want to cover your audience but not over saturate them. And always pay the same across the board. Nothing drives an affiliate bonkers more than paying different commissions on different platforms!

Just because network one wants $5000 to join, it doesn't mean you pay $5000 to join. You can negotiate the fee's.

pete
    This!

I've actually done a lot of research recently with all the networks. First of all you definitely get what you pay for. But many of the networks will adjust pricing for you based on your needs, so it couldn't hurt to ask.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    FYI, gunner101, Affiliate Window has an excellent recruitment functionality built right into our interface.

This Network Comparison Table was put together by I.M.O.G. on ABW. Perhaps this will help you.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

9. Thanks From:

Merchant looking for cheap network. Sounds like affiliates will love to work with this program...
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

11. Thanks From:

ishank - what kind of product(s) are you selling, and what sort of support do you need from the network?
    Nothing wrong with a merchant looking to not waste money. Not all networks are equal and cost doesn't necessarily equal effectiveness or best ROI. Maybe your question should be, 'what is the most cost effective network for my needs?'
    Tell the group a bit more about what you're doing and trying to accomplish, and I bet you'll get some solid referrals and reasons.

13. Thanks From:

Perhaps you can bargain the cost as well.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Yeah, don't look for "cheap" look for something that is affordable and does what you want. If you make your decision based on lowest cost, you're likely to end up with upstart brands with no traction. Look for a fit with what you do, similar merchants who are successful on the network, then talk pricing. In the end, if you can't afford to invest a few hundred dollars in a network set up and initial deposit, you're likely not ready to launch a program.

Before you think about launching a program, think of these costs:

1. Tracking set up/deposit cost?
    2. What commission can you afford to pay?
    3. Who will find/train/motivate/manage affiliates and how much will it cost?

You should only launch a program after you have a site that is selling on it's own through natural traffic, word of mouth traffic or traffic acquired through PPC or other advertising. Affiliate marketing is great for driving MORE sales through a successful ecommerce site.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Quote Originally Posted by akagorilla View Post
    Merchant looking for cheap network. Sounds like affiliates will love to work with this program...
    Sounds like they are not really "ready" to have an affiliate program.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

17. Thanks From:

There are a number of "Cost Effective" affiliate networks if you have the right proactive management leading your program performance. Since Affiliate is not a "build it and they will come" marketing channel, if you don't have a solid strategy in place and a management team to attract the right affiliates into your program, "cheap" can become very "costly".

Quote Originally Posted by ishank View Post
    Hi,

I am new to affiliate marketing. I want to know which one is the cheapest Affiliate network ( considering the overall cost- setup fee, deposit and onging charges) ?

I heard ShareAsale is the one ? Is there any other program which costs cheaper than ShareAsale for a US based merchant ?

Thanks

P.S. Newbie here . Be generous
    Everything worth saying has already been said, I'll just add that before you start your Affiliate program, read 2 books.

1. Affiliate Program Management: An Hour a Day (Geno Prussakov)
    2. A Practical Guide to Affiliate Marketing: Quick Reference for Affiliate Managers & Merchants (Geno Prussakov)

Good Luck.
    Michael Abramsky :usaflag:
    Affiliate Manager for [URL="http://www.creditfirm.net"]CreditFirm.Net[/URL]
    Email: [email]Affiliate@CreditFirm.net[/email] | Phone: 800-750-1416 x 901 | [URL="http://www.creditfirm.net/affiliates"]Affiliate Program Info[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by CreditFirm View Post
    Everything worth saying has already been said, I'll just add that before you start your Affiliate program, read 2 books.

1. Affiliate Program Management: An Hour a Day (Geno Prussakov)
    2. A Practical Guide to Affiliate Marketing: Quick Reference for Affiliate Managers & Merchants (Geno Prussakov)

Good Luck.
    Excellent suggestion. There is even some good information in there for "experienced" Affiliate Managers.

(I am lucky enough to have autographed copies of those books.)
    Last edited by Bill; October 25th, 2013 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Removed one paragraph.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Thanks for all the wonderful comments.

This forum looks really good to me. I am going to learn lots of things here.

@ CreditFirm I just have finished reading Geno's book- Affiliate Program Management: An Hour a Day. I believe it's a must-have book for beginners.

Quote Originally Posted by ishank View Post
    Thanks for all the wonderful comments.

This forum looks really good to me. I am going to learn lots of things here.

@ CreditFirm I just have finished reading Geno's book- Affiliate Program Management: An Hour a Day. I believe it's a must-have book for beginners.
    I agree.
    Michael Abramsky :usaflag:
    Affiliate Manager for [URL="http://www.creditfirm.net"]CreditFirm.Net[/URL]
    Email: [email]Affiliate@CreditFirm.net[/email] | Phone: 800-750-1416 x 901 | [URL="http://www.creditfirm.net/affiliates"]Affiliate Program Info[/URL]

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread