Avantlink Tracking ID Details
    Does anyone know what is suppose to show up when you go to the Avantlink ID Tracking page after you enter the “avad=” parameter value from the landing page URL ?

I used the custom link builder to make links and it is using the goo.gle URL shortener and this is what i get when i enter the 'avad' parameter:

"...Invalid or malformed affiliate tracking data, or data too old; unable to resolve details..."

The merchant is : Motorcycle-Superstore

I should mention that I send them o average 10 leads per day.

Is Avantlink even a reliable place to be, does Motorcycle-superstore have there stuff together? When i first started i got a $7 commission the first few days then after that silence for 4 months...something i think, is fishy...its almost like someone threw me a bone just to appease my appetite, while they were up to something.

I should also add that my website in my niche is a category killer, meaning that if you are looking for an accessory for that item I am the first page, first result on Google for about 30 highly converting search terms. (its a small niche), last month 4 months ive sent about 1000 leads to motorcycle-superstore/avantlink, and there is no possible way, that not one single sale has been recorded, but its been zip, nada, zilch....

opinions.
    Last edited by Ridercnx; October 26th, 2013 at 07:58 AM.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    If you're seeing clicks recorded, sales should be tracking. However please note that MS batches sale records to us daily, as opposed to those records showing in real time in our reporting.

I can tell you that Motorcycle Superstore is doing well at AvantLink. There are many sale records posting everyday for an array of publishers.

Check here for more info on the tracking id tool, and how to test links. Also fee free to drop us a line at support@avantlink.com, and the guys can try and help.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-AvantLink View Post
    If you're seeing clicks recorded, sales should be tracking. However please note that MS batches sale records to us daily, as opposed to those records showing in real time in our reporting.

I can tell you that Motorcycle Superstore is doing well at AvantLink. There are many sale records posting everyday for an array of publishers.

Check here for more info on the tracking id tool, and how to test links. Also fee free to drop us a line at support@avantlink.com, and the guys can try and help.

Can you elaborate on why some MS product pages cannot track sales when using the custom link builder? This was told to me from the MS AM, and why isn't this posted as a word of caution?

Do we have to verify with the AM every single link we make to ensure it works?

I find it extremely odd, that i had a sale a few days after implementing code on one page for testing...then for a few months not a single other sale. Something is not right.

Hi Ridercnx,

This is Cheryl from Motorcycle Superstore. I apologize for the tardiness of this response, but I just saw this post.

Yes, there are links that will break tracking. If you are deep linking, do not use pages pulled up via our search bar at the top of the page, or found from using the left nav "narrow by" bar. You will see something like #&&SeachParameters= or /search/go#w= in the URL string which will break tracking. Of course, all links that I list in the interface are good to use!

If you have any questions on links or need assistance in finding deep linking pages, please feel free to reach out to me.

~ Cheryl

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread