ask some question about datafeed
    we have uploaded our datafeed to shareasale for some time. actually, i really have no idea what kind of website would access to datafeed and how they use that? can you give me some points about this?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Christinnee, had this question during a session at Pubcon last week. There are many reasons an affiliate program needs a datafeed. There are specialized affiliates that create price comparison sites to list the same products from many merchants. You can consider Amazon an affiliate in the way they list multiple products from their feeds.

Content/Review affiliates use datafeeds as a starting point to organize information then enhance the content. Without a datafeed they would have to go to the merchant site for title, description, images and buy links.

Some paid search affiliates pull datafeeds to use the product descriptions then do research to find the preferred way that consumers use to search for those terms. This gives them "long tail" terms that the merchant may not be focused on.

Networks like AvantLink were built around datafeeds by affiliates who were frustrated with the lack of ways to work with datafeeds.

Shareasale lets you integrate your datafeeds directly into GoldenCAN and Bounce.CC so affiliates can pull them from your merchant account. There are famous tools such as PopShops that have been widely adopted by affiliates as they are easier than learning a programming language.

One of the biggest pushbacks I get from merchants launching a program is whether they need a datafeed. They don't want to spend the extra time to set it up. I can tell you from experience that you will not get the larger affiliates to join your program without one. Many of the most active affiliates on ABestWeb are either full time datafeeders or they use datafeeds to supplement their sites. So as a recruiting tool a datafeed is necessary and a good one is invaluable.

3. Thanks From:

Hi, dear chuck,
    thanks very much for your reply. then where can i find such kind of website then i can find them to cooperate with me?

Once you have the datafeed installed and approved you notify the affiliates joined in your program. Also make sure you have the datafeed included in the program description of your program and on your affiliate pitch page. Finally you need to be recruiting affiliates to your program.

6. Thanks From:

Merchant
    Hi Chuck,

I am with Shareasale for my affiliate program and I host my site with Shopify. Would you know any tools that would help in creating a datafeed? Thank you!

Kevin
    Stylzoo.com

This one has been recommended by a merchant I used to work with: Comparison Shopping Engine & Data Feed Management - GoDataFeed

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Once you have the datafeed installed and approved you notify the affiliates joined in your program. Also make sure you have the datafeed included in the program description of your program and on your affiliate pitch page. Finally you need to be recruiting affiliates to your program.
    Hi Chuck, is there a way that I can find some reliable affiliate program that can provide me proper data for my website, I am not a tech geek, just a basic user of opencart however I have hands on experience with SEO, so I was wondering if I can get the data feed which is ready to be imported on my website and I can just focus on the sales rather then worrying about data & its integration.

Thank you in advance for your kind help
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; February 18th, 2014 at 02:44 AM. Reason: removed link

You will need to search the networks for the programs you want to promote then check to see if they have a datafeed. Finally you will need to write a script to convert to Opencart. If you are operating as an affiliate you will not be able to run sales through a shopping cart.

ohh well I did not thought about this, you are right, thank you for replying

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread